Trans Over Temp - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Trans Over Temp

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
WK05
2005 WK 

Trans Over Temp

Recently, when turning my ignition key from acc. to on the display shows a trans. over temp message. I noticed hesitations when accelerating in first and probably every gear from 1K to 2K rpms. Is there a solution, or tsb. ? Could I do a tranny flush?

WK05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
scottydog
2006 WK 

Maybe a faulty transmission temperature sensor?
scottydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
drysuitdiver
2007 XK Commander 

known issue on WKs and XKs

tranny flush won't solve the problem neither will replacing sensors. Jeep are not doing anything about it.

the hesitation is in your mind .
drysuitdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
scottydog
2006 WK 

The tranny fluid level is correct yes?
scottydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Last night while at Publix I had an interesting thing happen. Started Jeep, dropped handbrake put shifter into reverse. Dash lights up like a Christmas tree, Trans over Temp is on the display window and Jeep shuts off.

Try to re-start and nothing.

After a 2 minute wait I try to re-start and everything works fine.

Any thoughts????
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
oldmac1
2014 WK 

I got 10 feet and it died the same way. Would not start. Got out of the car and walked around it to cool off and got back in and it started. This was two weeks ago and been running fine since. Trans over temp must have some glitch.
15 Rubicon Unlimited
oldmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

The transmission control module went out on our Jeep last week which resulted in all of the warning lights coming on and all of the warnings alternating on the EVIC. Thinking back, I had noticed the upshifts occurring a little later once in a while.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.