Trans filter kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Trans filter kits

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
08hemi
2008 WK 

Trans filter kits

Quick question for someone who knows more than I. I've got an 08' GC limited with the 5.7l, I'm buying a trans filter kit and on rock auto there's two options for the Wix kits, a shallow and a deep sump. both are for the 545RFE. Question: how do I tell whether or not I have the deep sump? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

08hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

Easy answer: Get it at the dealer and forget the aftermarket exists for transmission filters.

Chrysler has in the past (and as of '07 still did) specified different filters for different applications, which themselves sometimes use slightly different transmissions. The aftermarket, on the other hand, generally makes one blanket filter per transmission family. This can and does create situations where the "right" aftermarket filter ain't remotely right.
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
mrnavy2
2008 XK Commander 

Yes, that's where I get my filters from. Just make sure you have your VIN Number with you or the last 8 numbers and letters for the dealer. It makes it much easier for them to look up and get u the correct filter.
mrnavy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
08hemi
2008 WK 

Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks guys
08hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
terrasmak
2007 WK 

I figure i will just buy both , return the wrong one. Just need to order a dipstick first
Unread 11-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
DeChache
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
I figure i will just buy both , return the wrong one. Just need to order a dipstick first
For the 3.7L?

Where are you getting one. I haven't looked for one yet but would love to have one.
DeChache is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.