Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Tranny: P0734. Changed Speed Sensors.. nothing. Help!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ruskiz 
#1 ·
I was on the highway yesterday and my engine made thunk, the "pothole" noise. Threw the code P0734, the 4th gear ration off. It was stuck in 3rd(?), going 70mph it was @ 3k.

I cleared the code and flashed to stock, and calibrated for wheel size. (Superchips) Worked for about 20 minutes, then when it downshifted on an interchange it went back to limp.

Today I replaced both transmission speed sensors. I thought for sure that was it (the infamous pothole clunk noise). Took it out for a test, and it's still not right. Stays in third on highway.

When starting from light, it goes from first to where it should go to second, then loses power and I guess that it's going to 3rd.

Fluid looks clear red and proper level.

It also threw a P1521 code at me today. I run Amsoil, levels look good, I'm assuming this is secondary to whatever has gone haywire.

Any ideas? Or suck it up and take it to the tranny shop? I understand this can be a few things, I'm hoping that someone will pick up on a particular or have had the same thing happen.

Thanks for ANY info!

See less See more
#5 ·
It's an 08, so it shouldn't have anything to do with the above service bulletin.

Tranny guy said it seemed like a solenoid pack replacement is in order, but they won't know for sure until they drop the pan. Fingers are crossed that's the extent of the problem. Drives fine around town if I keep it at 4th and under.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.