Trailer Wiring: Starscan? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Trailer Wiring: Starscan?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #16
DarrylFlynn
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec View Post
Hi
never had to do it for our UK kits itís just plug and play. Regards,
Merlin
I can confirm that i fitted my own Towbar but used the Jeep wiring harness electrics kit and it was indeed Plug and Play on my UK Overland. No dealer visit required.

Regards Darryl

DarrylFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #17
conrasm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I had the hitch and factory wiring installed at the dealer. I haven't actually hooked up the trailer yet, but the 7 to 4 pin adapter has the small LEDs and they lit up with the brakes and parking lights, so hopefully that will be functional when we take the boat this weekend.

I don't think I'll ever need it, but what is involved in adding a brake controller. I know my Ram already had the harness under the dash and all I did was plug the wire harness into the controller and factory plug.
'07 Ram 1500 quad cab
Heritage Region Jeep Alliance
conrasm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #18
nostaw22
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrasm View Post
I had the hitch and factory wiring installed at the dealer. I haven't actually hooked up the trailer yet, but the 7 to 4 pin adapter has the small LEDs and they lit up with the brakes and parking lights, so hopefully that will be functional when we take the boat this weekend.

I don't think I'll ever need it, but what is involved in adding a brake controller. I know my Ram already had the harness under the dash and all I did was plug the wire harness into the controller and factory plug.
There are 4 wires to connect. Jeep only provides 1 of them, but it would be a PITA to run.

There is a green wire under the dash (not connected) to the controller (it connects the signal to the brake pin on the 7-pin connector), run wires to/from the battery (+ and - terminals), and connect to the brake actuator switch under the dash.

All the info is here at wkjeeps.com.

JW
Unread 06-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #19
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

The brake controller wasn't hard to install, more time consuming. Took me about 2 hours. The one i purchased has 4 wires - battery power, ground, green brake pedal wire, and one wire i had to run to the back trailer wire harness on vehicle side (blue wire). Thats it. I didn't even check to see if the Jeep was pre-wired or not for this, but it works...

Were taking it camping this weekend, hopefully it won't act up.
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.