Trailer hitch reconmendation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Trailer hitch reconmendation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Arfrsairbrush
2006 WK 

Trailer hitch reconmendation

Hey again! Looking to get a trailer hitch and was wondering what is a good brand. I want something that looks good and works well.

Wondering if anybody has tried the oem style kit from jeep world: the actual hitch as well as the rear body kit.

Last edited by Arfrsairbrush; 08-29-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Arfrsairbrush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
jeepinmoe
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfrsairbrush View Post
Hey again! Looking to get a trailer hitch and was wondering what is a good brand. I want something that looks good and works well.

Wondering if anybody has tried the oem style kit from jeep world: the actual hitch as well as the rear body kit.
I put in the oem kit. Took 4 hours. Looks great! Not difficult.
jeepinmoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
southernsally
2014 LJ Wrangler 

There are a lot of good brands out there but my preferred two brands are Curt and Hidden Hitch. I got my hitch and other accessories from Hitchweb.com I'm sure they could help you out if you gave them a call Here is the link to their website if you wanted to have a look: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Last edited by southernsally; 09-11-2014 at 03:57 PM..
southernsally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
slayerized6

Do it right. Get an OEM hitch and cut out the bumper
Unread 09-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

OEM is the cleanest look. Dammest thing hitch cost me 75 bux from a dealer that sell on internet. The plastic bezel cost 65.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
ecollins7
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit77
OEM is the cleanest look. Dammest thing hitch cost me 75 bux from a dealer that sell on internet. The plastic bezel cost 65.
do you have a link?
ecollins7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #7
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

It was over 2 years ago and I'm on vacation going through my cell phone. I can look up when I get home but that will be Thursday.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2014, 06:40 AM   #8
Nejeep

You need to get a hitch that is rated for the load you are going to pull. They are rated by different classes 1 thru 5 with 1 being the lightest. Most are receiver hitches that permit different uses, tow ball, D-rings, bike racks, etc. If you are pulling a trailer, dont forget you will need a wiring harness too. Do a little research to learn more. Hitches are available many places, Amazon, E-bay, and other web sites. If you are on a tight budget check out used hitches.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #9
Jonathan1084
2008 WK 

I agree with the idea of getting the factory hitch and bezel (did that a few years back)... and to complete the look you can get a factory wiring harness (Part Number# 82211150AC). Only problem with the factory harness if you are a DIY kinda guy you will need starscan to program it after the install. since the cost of programming was the same with or without the install (shop minimum) i just had the dealership install it ... $135 out the door parts and install (just last week on the harness).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.