Trailer brake green wire at the back? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Trailer brake green wire at the back?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #1
gemiller
2008 WK 

Trailer brake green wire at the back?

To those who wired up a trailer brake controller, my jeep did not have a factory tow package and I'm not switching it over to 7 pin with brake controller. Read all the sites and found the green wire at the front left kick panel but I can't locate it out back. All the cutsheets say at the 7 pin harness, which I didn't have(or don't know what i'm looking for).

So can anyone tell me where that green wire is near the rear bumper?

Unread Yesterday, 12:33 AM   #2
kk52736
2007 WK 

The green wire is right on the left far back very close to the firewall bundle up with other wires behind the fuse panel, put your hand there to find a thick bundled up wires, and you should feel a wire which is like loose but not, it got tape up there in a loop, then just pull either side to take out the end, took me 2 hours to find that green wire
Unread Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #3
kk52736
2007 WK 

forumrunner_20150827_003353.jpg

forumrunner_20150827_003328.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.