trading the jeep in maybe - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > trading the jeep in maybe

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
4thgradedropout

trading the jeep in maybe

so im currently deployed and looking to trade my 06 grand Cherokee in when I get back. maybe for a new one or switching to a wrangler, not sure yet. ive been using edmonds and kbb to try and get a value out of it but it does not seem to add up to what i am seeing these go for on craigslist and autotrader. It's a 2006 black laredo v6. Has a 2" Daystar lift running 32" tires, k&n cold air intake/aftermarket radio and tinted windows. the jeep is over all in good condition id say average to clean needs a few things done to it but nothing major at all but does have 141k miles. kbb and edmunds is saying it is worth roughly 4k trade in and 6k private party sale. However when i take a look at similar years ect.. on autotrader or craigslist i see people asking 9k or even up to 13k and some them have higher mileage like mine. so i guess what im really asking is what should i realistically bee looking to get?

4thgradedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Red_liner740

Asking for and getting are two different things....Usually craigslist prices are inflated with the understanding that you will haggle and bring the price down.
Red_liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
4thgradedropout

i understand that but im not just talking private sale ether ive seen one at a dealer that had 120k and they were asking 12k for it. just baffles me how these things can devalue that fast i paid 15 for it 2 years ago and now it is worth 4 just doesnt seem right but nether do a lot of things lol
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
yzjwk
2005 WK 

It's because you paid too much for it in the begining . 2 years ago that vehicle was only worth about 11K tops depending on the milage .If it had one of the V8's and limited options , you would have been in the ball park at least and it would still be worth 10-12K today .Sorry but that's MHO .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
4thgradedropout

so what would be a good range to ask for it?
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk
It's because you paid too much for it in the begining . 2 years ago that vehicle was only worth about 11K tops depending on the milage .If it had one of the V8's and limited options , you would have been in the ball park at least and it would still be worth 10-12K today .Sorry but that's MHO .
Not to be rude but I agree with this. I bought my 2005 5.7L Hemi limited fully loaded 2 years ago for 13k
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
4thgradedropout

nothing is being taken as being rude im just trying to see what i should try and sell it for 4k just still seems very low to me
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Despite my previous post ,I think alot depends on area and what people are willing to spend . Dealerships usually sell at a premium because they have overhead , but they are usually good at determining what people are willing to pay . If you have the time to sit on it , I would take a few hundred off the closest dealer price and sit on it .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
4thgradedropout

i still owe 8900 on it but i will have it much lower by the time i get back, i not wanting to be upside down so if i could sell it myself for say 7 or 6 i think id be ok

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.