trade in value - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > trade in value

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
lauxie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

trade in value

For whatever reason, my girlfriend owns a Crossfire and Cherokee Larado. She's planning on trading one in when she buys a Commander. Is this a good move or should she try selling them privately first? Both have low miles, etc.

checked both cars and the crossfire is worth 7K more in trade in value...kelly blue book suggests jeeps sell to private owners for 16K and trades in at about 13,300....says the crossfire is good for 24K to a private owner and 20K for a trade in...hmmmmm????

any thoughts? I bought my Wrangler without the hassle of all this garbage and I know little about trade in's.

thanks in advance.

'04 Rubicon
5 spd
no cruise...ever
stock besides cheap + basic mods
lauxie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
newcommander

The wise move seems obvious to me: sell them privately. You're talking about a total gain of $7,000 for both cars. If $7,000 isn't a lot to you or your girlfriend, sell them to a friend for the trade-in value and let them turn around and reap the profits. Or trade one in and sell the other to split the difference if you can't decide. But again, if thousands of dollars isnt' siginificant to you, then sell them privately but less than the kelley blue book value... you should have no trouble selling them then.
newcommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
SYCOHEMI

Good to sell to a friend or relative. Set a price in between retail and trade in, then you both win, and everyone is happy. And better for someone you know to benefit, than a dealership.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #4
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
Good to sell to a friend or relative. Set a price in between retail and trade in, then you both win, and everyone is happy. And better for someone you know to benefit, than a dealership.
Totally agree. I did that to buy my TJ. Sold my old car to my dad (actually for trade-in value).

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
blackxj99
1988 MJ Comanche 

You normally get more if you sell it yourself, but there is less hasle if you trade in. Best bet is to try and sell it and if you have trouble selling it you can always trade it in.
blackxj99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.