Traction Control, ESP, BAS Warning Lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Traction Control, ESP, BAS Warning Lights?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 01-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Traction Control, ESP, BAS Warning Lights?

I was driving home from work on the freeway at about 80mph/130kph when after about 20 minutes the traction control symbol, ESP, and BAS lights came on. When I arrived home, I switched to 4 Lo - no change, I tried shutting it off, then turned the key to "on" and while all of the other lights went out during the test, the above lights stayed on.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? BTW it has been above freezing for the past few days, and overnight (I work night shift) the temperature dropped well below freezing.

Thanks

Blue WK Club Member #2
BurmaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
TRZ
2008 WK 

Mine did this when I had a bad speed sensor. I used my Superchips tuner to read the error messages which told me which sensor was bad. If car parts stores in Canada provide OBDII reading services, you might try that route. The sensor was about $35 in the 'States and relatively easy to replace.
TRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Bad wheel sensor, possibly.
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Thanks guys, I will have it looked at. Sounds like a minor issue, now I can sleep, its been a long work night

Blue WK Club Member #2
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Well surprise surprise! I fired her up sat afternoon to head to work, and after about 10 minutes, while making a left turn, the lights disappeared! The JEEP ghosts were just paying a visit apparently

Blue WK Club Member #2

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.