TPMS Trigger Module - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > TPMS Trigger Module

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrieStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
doh50h
2005 WK 

TPMS Trigger Module

I'm at wits end with the TMPS in my '05 Grand Cherokee. I've been getting the dreaded "Service Tire Pressure System" message since replacing all of my corroded TPMS sensors several months ago. The sensors are all working properly because I am getting readouts in my EVIC for all 4 tires.

I ended up biting the bullet and taking it to the dealer. They diagnosed a fault for the left front trigger module and wanted like $300 to fix it (PLUS the 100 bucks for the diagnosis)...I said no thanks.

So I eventually ended up replacing the left front transponder (which was not the correct part), but it only cost me 30 bucks so no big deal. Now I've tracked down the correct part (trigger not transponder). I ordered the part, but can not find the trigger module for the LEFT FRONT TIRE anywhere!

Can anyone help me with the location of the TRIGGER for the LEFT FRONT TIRE? I'm assuming it's not in the left front wheel well, as I have looked there thoroughly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

doh50h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
merlinTec

Confused a trigger module is the transponder. list your vin number and the part numbers you have ordered and I will look in to it for you.
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
bumzo1
2005 WK 

I punctured one of my tires a couple months ago and when I brought it to the tire they found the TPMS sensor floating around in the tire. They just removed it and the light always comes but I've learned just to live with it.
Khaki WK Club Member #1
bumzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
doh50h
2005 WK 

Thanks for your quick reply. The VIN # is 1J4HR58265C670969 and the transponder that I initially replaced is part # 56053034AB (the one I got actually had an "AE" suffix instead of "AB", but I believe that is because they change the last letter when they update the part). After replacing that, the problem still exists. I'm not sure of the part # for the trigger as I'm still awaiting it's arrival. The dealer that I ordered it from lists it as a "Low Pressure Trigger Module" and I believe it is a plastic module mounted on a metal bracket. The other module that I already replaced was just a square plastic module with 2 mounting screws.

As far as ignoring it goes, I could probably deal with it if it were just a light, but it actually displays the text across the EVIC and overrides the compass/temperature reading and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks again for any guidance!
Unread 11-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
doh50h
2005 WK 

Oh, I don't know if it helps but the fault code the dealer gave me was C1506...
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by doh50h View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. The VIN # is 1J4HR58265C670969 and the transponder that I initially replaced is part # 56053034AB (the one I got actually had an "AE" suffix instead of "AB", but I believe that is because they change the last letter when they update the part). After replacing that, the problem still exists. I'm not sure of the part # for the trigger as I'm still awaiting it's arrival. The dealer that I ordered it from lists it as a "Low Pressure Trigger Module" and I believe it is a plastic module mounted on a metal bracket. The other module that I already replaced was just a square plastic module with 2 mounting screws.

As far as ignoring it goes, I could probably deal with it if it were just a light, but it actually displays the text across the EVIC and overrides the compass/temperature reading and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks again for any guidance!
Hi
I feel the first part was correct the one on the bracket is the rear module. I feel you may have a wiring fault and you should be checking the plug and see if you have a good feed and ground at that module and make sure the LIN bus wire is ok. I don't think the LIN wire will been shorted as the others are ok but maybe open circuit.
Best of luck.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 11-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
doh50h
2005 WK 

Thanks for looking into this for me. I'm fortunate enough to live next door to a mechanic (not Jeep), and I was talking to him yesterday. He suggested the same thing, and is going to be nice enough to bring a meter home to test the wiring this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out - fingers crossed!

Thanks again!
Unread 11-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
doh50h
2005 WK 

Well, the wiring all checked out. I was kind of hoping that would be the problem so I would be done with this. Now for my stupid question - After I took it to the dealer, they diagnosed the fault and cleared the trouble code. Then, as I was driving home, the message appeared again. I then replaced the transponder, but didn't have the trouble code cleared again. I was able to drive for about 10-15 minutes after replacing the transponder before the message appeared again. So the question is, could the stored trouble code be causing the message to appear again? Keep in mind, I can drive for about 10-15 minutes each time with no problem before the message comes on. After the Jeep is turned off and allowed to sit, the message goes away, and only comes back on after about 10-15 minutes of driving.

Thanks...
Unread 11-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
merlinTec

Hi
I believe you still have a fault, I am surprised it's not wiring.
Unread 11-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Drew
2007 WK 

kind of an off the wall question but do you have a Garmin GPS with traffic monitoring?
My TPMS system goes CRAZY when I use the live traffic cable with my Garmin. If I use a non-traffic cable I have no issues....
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #11
doh50h
2005 WK 

Nope, no Garmin. I wish there were a way to completely remove the stupid TPMS from the vehicle. What happened to the days of people checking their tire pressure as part of routine maintenance? Anyway, I found another dealer (the first one took me for a loop with their prices and sub-par service). I feel much more comfortable dealing with this one. I'll report back when I have a verdict. Thanks again all!
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
jj18rign

@doh50h

I see this post was from a few years back, but I am hoping that you read this.

I AM DEALING WITH THE SAME EXACT ISSUE NOW.... HOW DID YOU END UP MAKING OUT WITH THIS????

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

- James
jj18rign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #13
Triangle21
2007 WK 

I've got the same issue. Anyone with a resolution?

2007 Grand Limited, 5.7

All wheel transponders replaced.
Triangle21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.