TPMS on 2005 WK Limited and vibration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > TPMS on 2005 WK Limited and vibration

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 07-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
angryhemi
2005 WK 

TPMS on 2005 WK Limited and vibration

Ok, I thought the Tire Pressure Monitoring system was standard on the 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited. I just got an 05 Limited with 21,800 miles, and it has all the bells and whistles, and if I hit the STEP button for the car information center, I get stuff like MPG, Trip Odometer, and other stuff, but nowhere do I see the tire pressure. Are my sensors faulty, or am I hitting the wrong button? (The jeep didnt come with a manual, but I just ordered one on ebay)

One other question.... when accelerating in my Jeep (HEMI), somewhere in 2nd or 3rd gear (I think) I feel a vibration in the floor beneath my feet. It isn't a major vibration, but its definitely there. When it shifts out of that gear, the vibration is gone. Any ideas on what it could be? I am kinda paranoid that my Jeep will break. Good thing it is under factory warranty until December, but still, I don't want to go to the shop too often with this beast.

Thanks.

angryhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
T-Rated

TPMS is optional:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/2005_features_options.htm

As for the vibration, do a search for "HEMI Shudder" here or at JeepsUnlimited and I'm sure you'll get a lot of information. The consensus seems to be that it's common and hard to get rid of.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's

Last edited by T-Rated; 07-12-2007 at 12:14 PM..
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

If you have an 05+ WK then you have the TPMS. You just have the basic version instead of the Optional version T-Rated pointed out.

You have the Tire Pressure Monitor System, base - with warning lamp (auto relearn system)

Basically all it does is tell you when your tires have too little or too much pressure with no indication of which tire it is.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
angryhemi
2005 WK 

One more question on TPMS. I just ordered the 17" Jeep Chrome wheels (moduflex) for my 2005 WK Limited, and the seller said they don't have the tire pressure sensors on them. Will this be a problem? Like will it cause the Jeep to give me constant warnings about tire pressure? I don't really need TPMS anyways.
angryhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
T-Rated

Switch the sensors over from the old wheels. And, yes, you will get the annoying warning unless you pull the fuse. I recommend switching the stems over since it's a handy feature.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_fuses.htm

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.