Towing 6'x12' UHaul trailer behind 2007 4.7L 4x4 Laredo Limited with Factory hitch - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Towing 6'x12' UHaul trailer behind 2007 4.7L 4x4 Laredo Limited with Factory hitch

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #31
LouC
2007 WK 

I towed a 6x10 trailer fully loaded for my son's scout troop last summer because the troop's usual driver's Suburban sprung a trans cooler leak. It doe not have brakes and was stuffed to the top with foot lockers, tent poles, dutch ovens, you name it. I had no trouble stopping the trailer at all at highway speeds. It had a torsion axle and towed very smooth and straight. I did have to get an 8" drop hitch to get it to tow level because the receiver on the WK is high up and the hitch on this trailer was only about 14" above the ground. These trailers weigh about 950 unloaded and have a max total weight of 2999 (because of no brakes). If I towed one of these all the time I'd probably put a set of 10" electric drums on it but still I had no problem stopping it. The WK has good brakes, now when I towed our boat (4000 lbs) for the first time the trailer did not have brakes. I was towing with our 98 ZJ then, which does not have brakes anywhere as good as the WK. Stopping was an adventure to stay the least. I put a new axle on that trailer right quick with a set of 10" surge drums and it made all the difference.

trailer.jpg  
att00007-2-.jpg

Unread 10-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #32
Goldenknob
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post

Edit: Found it! 07 thru 2010 You are correct, sorry. Learn something every day!

http://www.mopar.com/part/82210991
I am so confused. My 07 4.7L Laredo WK has a huge electric fan. I do not have a clutch fan. So what would my tongue capacity be?
Goldenknob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #33
CHULOGORDO82
2002 WJ 

So did the op make it to California??

Tags
2007 , grand cherokee , tow capacity , uhaul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.