Tow Hitch Wiring Harness? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Tow Hitch Wiring Harness?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
jbarrett
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tow Hitch Wiring Harness?

Hi Guys,

2006 WK that I am assuming came with the tow package. It doesn't have a hitch, but it has the tow/haul selector, front and rear recover hooks, and a tranny cooler installed - so I'm assuming it was pre-configured with tow package from factory. Anyone have a guess as to where the wiring harness may have been tucked away? I can't find anything. It's possible it wasn't installed, but I'd hate to buy it knowing there is one already hidden under there somewhere.

Thanks!

jbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

It's ready to have a hitch and wiring installed, but you're most likely on your own for both of those. A few people have found the harness already installed and tucked up near the bumper but that's not normal.

If you want to rock the OEM Mopar hitch, you need:
Receiver P/N 82208219: http://www.justforjeeps.com/hitchreceivers2.html
Bezel P/N 82208986: http://www.justforjeeps.com/hireinbe.html
Wiring Harness P/N 82209769AB (7-way round) or 82209770AB (4-way flat): http://www.justforjeeps.com/hirewihatrto3.html

The wiring harness is zero-splice but does require a trip to the dealer to reconfigure the fuse box software.
Unread 04-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
bmac13579
2007 WK 

Correct! I did the same thing. Bought the factory tow hitch and wiring harness; wired it up; had the dealer 'activate' the harness, and it works as intended now.
You will have to cut a notch in your rear bumper to have the factory look, though. But in my opinion, it looks much nicer than having the hitch below the bumper.
2007 WK - Silver WK Club Member #71, 4.7L V8, 5 spd Auto, Autobot Decal (grfxedge.com), Aspen Creek Front Tow Shackles, Factory Tow Hitch
Check out more pictures and info here: www.mywk.tumblr.com
bmac13579 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.