torrential rain in Wis today...time to take the Commander off road - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > torrential rain in Wis today...time to take the Commander off road

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
toecutter

torrential rain in Wis today...time to take the Commander off road

I've had the Commander for 3 weeks and have tried to get it to screw up. I buy a truck to use it as a truck....not a status symbol. This bad boy does everything I ask it too and doesn't *****.

There's lots of sand logging roads in my area that are deeply rutted by ATV's hunters, etc. Heavy rain fell this morning so I really took the "Black Brick" out for a good hard beating.

It's pretty mundane with the stability control "on" but switching it off enables you to do some knarly 40mph power-slides and drifts. There's just enough power to the rear to kick the *** end out and just enough to the front to pull it around a corner.

I even crossed a deep ditch diagonally to try the articulation.

I don't think a Tahoe, Explorer, or Durango is nearly as competant off road as the Commander/Cherokees are right off the lot.

Maybe the FJ cruiser would do as well...

toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

No pics - No wheeling!

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.