too much money for the miles? 2006 grandcherokee srt8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > too much money for the miles? 2006 grandcherokee srt8

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
randallman5000
2000 WJ 

too much money for the miles? 2006 grandcherokee srt8

I'm looking into getting an 06 jeep srt8. They hold their
Value pretty well lol. The lowest price i found was about 20k
With about 130k miles on it... It runs great, and is as clean as when it was manufactured,
But just wondering if it's just too much of an investment with that amount of miles.... Need some opinions.

randallman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Man my friends call me the Craigslist king and I know what ya mean about the SRT-8's.. It seems like ones with 100K on them are still going for over $20 and that blows my mind. 130K is starting point for the word "High Miles" so what comes along with that with the Srt-8's idk? For $20K you could long on to SVTP and buy an 04 cobra making close to 500-550hp and would smoke the SRT-8, but if the SRT is what ya want man then go for it. Go over it pick it apart one rock chip at a time and see if the guy will come down on the price..
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

shoulda got a diesel
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
LordEnki
2006 WK 

Maybe go for a newer, lower mileage Hemi WK and modify that?
245/65R17 BFG Rugged Trail T/A
LordEnki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
rsurran

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep was $13,998 at Car Max 85K miles on the 5.7. Are you really getting that much more? How fast do you want to go for the difference in money? When I poke that 5.7 the Jeep blasts off like my 4.6 GT did. 130K miles is a lot for a starting point at $20K. Sounds like top dollar. Think about it hard and go driving for comparisons.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

here is one with less miles for same money..

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3598607671.html

-99,300 miles
-black
-truck is like new it's a TEXAS truck has NEVER. Seen snow it's in almost excellent condition don't let the miles fool you come a see for your self it's super fast
-it has a few mods bwoody intake , oil catch can , it has been dyno tuned , xpipe , exhaust
-AWD
-navigation DVD this truck has everything
-nitto tires n20 in great shape
-remote start
-CLEAN TITTLE
My name is isaac I'm asking 20500 FIRM
-7345506439 or 2487556553
-the rims are plasti dip you can take off the black is like a sticker and will go back to chrome
-ask for more pictures I will take whatever you want
-I will take trades +cash let me know what you have
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
paroxysym
2007 WK 

the one thing about SRTs is they are HARD miles on those things. no one buys one and keeps it under 70mph on the highway. they run the piss out of them. thing about the 06, option wise its pretty bland. 08+ is the newer front end, better sound system, and you had more options like navi and the kicker system, oh and the HIDs. personally, save a few grand and find a hemi- modd that out alittle and youll be just as happy. everytime i think of getting rid of my 07 for one, i ask myself am i really going to need all that? no- besides its a gas hog and gas prices arent exactly going down these days- well not in MD at least
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
randallman5000
2000 WJ 

Lol yeah ill just shoot for the 5.7 haha thanks guys ill wait till i hit the mega millions and pick up the 2013 srt i test drove lol. Asking 66k for that one haha. Im just thinking man you know damn well i dont have 20k to pay up front... So whats gonna go on it before its even payed off? Ya know?
randallman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I paid $18K for my 06 GC Overland (48K on the clock) 5.7 about 3 1/2 years ago, since then spent about $4K (see signature) on it, and now it's just about as fast as a stock SRT8 and probably handles a little better. Plus, I still have the MDS (4 cylinder mode) and it regularly gets over 20 mpg on the highway. If you shop around for a good 5.7, you don't need to do that much to make it "close" to an SRT8 in many respects....kind of the best of both worlds.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
the one thing about SRTs is they are HARD miles on those things. no one buys one and keeps it under 70mph on the highway. they run the piss out of them. thing about the 06, option wise its pretty bland. 08+ is the newer front end, better sound system, and you had more options like navi and the kicker system, oh and the HIDs. personally, save a few grand and find a hemi- modd that out alittle and youll be just as happy. everytime i think of getting rid of my 07 for one, i ask myself am i really going to need all that? no- besides its a gas hog and gas prices arent exactly going down these days- well not in MD at least
That is cute that you think going over 70 on the highway is running hard. Trips to the drag strip arn't really even hard on a vehicle ( except m/t vehicle, most people really don't know how to shift)
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #11
ZJeepn08
2007 WK 

Jeebus, most highway speed limits in Missouri are 70mph. And very few people do the speed limit around here. lol
ZJeepn08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #12
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
That is cute that you think going over 70 on the highway is running hard. Trips to the drag strip arn't really even hard on a vehicle ( except m/t vehicle, most people really don't know how to shift)
yea it is cute... dick
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
yea it is cute... dick
Better than being ignorant.

Tags
grand cherokee , jeep , srt8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.