Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Tire and Wheel Options for Lifted WK

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Leafsfan 
#1 ·
I have a 08 WK that will soon have a RRO 2.25" lift. I'm having trouble finding options for tires though. The stock setup rolls on 18x8 5 on 127 rims and 245/60R18 tires. I obviously want a more aggresive tire setup once the lift is complete, but i cant see many options for keeping the stock rims. A lot of guys I have seen are rolling on 265/60R17, but I have yet to see anyone using the optional 18" rims that came with the Limited editions. If anyone has any thoughts or help it will be greatly appreciated. I would really like to keep utilizing the factory rims I have, but if I have to go to a new rim size then I'm willing to so I can get the stance and look I want. Also I want to run either BFG A/T KO2 or Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac so I can use one tire year round.

#2 ·
Do you want taller or wider tyre, or both?

245/60R18 and 265/50R17 are pretty much the same diameter.

A guy here in Finland is rolling 245/75R17 (~2" taller than stock) with no problems, closest 18 to those that BFG offers in T/A KO2 would be 265/65R18. Measured rim for this tyre size is 8", so no problem there...

I bet folks on this forum have more experience with even bigger ones...

#3 ·
Ultimately I would want both height and width, but using anything wider than 245 without wheel spacers or different rims create rubbing on the inside at full wheel lock. I'm just having difficulty finding tires for that rim size as there are way more options for the 17" rim.

#4 ·
BFG KO2's don't come any narrower than 255 for an 18, you can get a 245/75R17 which is a 31.5" tire and I think the biggest you can get that's still a 245 width. For an 18 there's 255/70R18 which is a 32.1" but then as you said, you'd need spacers. I went with 255/75R17 on my stock rims and I've ordered some thin spacers to clear (I've got some borrowed ones at the moment), partly so I can use the same spare as my mud tires and partly because they're the lightest tires around that size, which helps economy.

#7 ·
With stock rims I rubbed on the tall vertical part of the knuckle, just below the upper control arm. Right now I have 1.25" spacers, 9mm ones are on the way which should let everything clear everything else. I did the pinch weld mod when I did my lift so I can't say if you have to do it or not but you may as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.