tire size on stock rims with 2" lift and no spacer....the real deal... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > tire size on stock rims with 2" lift and no spacer....the real deal...

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #31
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

So I'm confused now...will I need spacers if I put 265/70/17 Hankook DynaPros ATM RF10s on stock Orbitrek rims with an OME HD? I've heard yes and no...

Unread 07-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #32
EtherealPonx

guys, there is NO wining formula, each possible variation of tire size/tread pattern/ AT/MT / stock rims (are they all the same from 2005 to 2010 import and export models?!) ..... will all result in different dimensions of where the tire sits and clearance from bolt, fender arch etc etc. so ... one size tire with a specific pattern might clear the UCA bolt, and another may not ...

for example, on my '09 GC 5.7 WH Overland, the bolt was vertically above the tire with less than 0.5 an inch of space, so ANY tire bigger would have needed spacers, or better a new set of wheels ...

Here is an alternative to the pinchweld mod, I preferred this 'aftermarket' look

EtherealPonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #33
PDragon
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhite96523 View Post
ok....these are off my blackberry and for that I am sorry....but this is what it looks like....i shot the pinch weld area and i think that you can see the bolt clearance...but if you know anything.....the bottom of the bolt is less than 1cm wide and that's just about how much clearance you've got there!!!

anyway....these are my 245/75/17 bfg mud km2's (ON STOCK RIMS/NO SPACERS!!!!) on my 05 wk limited with the OME HD lift....i freakin love it...

yarrrr...

aw
The WK looks awesome!
Thank you for your input. I was researching the same size, 245/75 R17, and the info was all over the place. I get lots of snow and ice where I live, so 245/75 will be a blessing. Based on your experience I will bite the bullet and get a set of 245/75R17 Discoverer A/T3.

Quick question: Does you mud km2 fit in the spare wheel well?

Thanks once again
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #34
JTL13

I installed the OME MD lift , and put 265-70-17 Duratracs on my stock 05 WK LTD rims and had to put an 8mm wheel spacer on because tires were contacting the control arm. Cut the bolt during lift install. I am now shopping for correct offset aftermarket rims because I don't really like the 8mm spacers, and want to go back to hubcentric setup. Anyone know for sure what B/S , offset I need?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.