tire size on stock rims with 2" lift and no spacer....the real deal... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > tire size on stock rims with 2" lift and no spacer....the real deal...

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #16
osd

pizza cutters= thin tires

osd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
Budasac
2005 WK 

I just had 265/70/17 mounted on stock rims. Cleared the bolt, no rub on the weld. Slight rub on the frame at full lock. No worries though. By the way, I'm runnin' a two inch lift.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
V6WK
2005 WK 

I rock 245/75/17 Hankook RF-10. I Think the truck looks great, and I would rather have a taller tire vs a wider tire. little bit more lift and they are better for winter and the amount of snow we get. I wasnt going to spend the money on spacers to push out stock wheels. If I want wider tires in the future i'll get aftermarket wheels with the correct backspacing.
V6WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #19
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Well, for what it's worth - I use 255/75/17's but with 1/4'' spacers.
Unread 11-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #20
airportdave
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6WK View Post
I rock 245/75/17 Hankook RF-10. I Think the truck looks great, and I would rather have a taller tire vs a wider tire. little bit more lift and they are better for winter and the amount of snow we get. I wasnt going to spend the money on spacers to push out stock wheels. If I want wider tires in the future i'll get aftermarket wheels with the correct backspacing.
Same tires here- LT 245/75/17, for the same reasons. Gave me just over an inch of extra ground clearance, and doesn't rub, even at full lock. These are 31.5" in diameter, vs. 29.5" on the stock Fortera's I took off. No spacers or lift. I did trim the bolt, but left enough to still get a wrench on it- really didn't need to do it though- I have one fat finger's width between the bolt and the tire. Probably could have gone 255/75/17 in this tire with the stock setup, but wanted to keep good snow and ice traction.

Unread 11-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #21
Budasac
2005 WK 

I have to make a correction I have 265/70/17 on stock rims w/ 2" BB lift. No pinch weld, no spacers and NO RUB. I thought they were rubbing a little at full lock, however after driving for a day or two I realized it was my ESP kicking in. Should work properly after getting the computer flashed with new tire size. Until then I have simply been disabling the ESP everytime I start the truck. Also, I did trim " the bolt ", but I didn't have to. There was a bit of clearance but I felt better cutting it. It was not needed though. So 265/70's do fit on the stock rim without any mods. Also, in case any one is curious, they are Firestone Destination AT's. By the way. As far as I can tell, the people who had to fold the pinch weld are not using stock rims. Whether you use spacers or new wheels, as you increase the offset, you also increase the wheel travel. So the further you get from the "bolt", the closer you get to the wheel well (pinch weld) when turning. Just something to think about. Besides, I like the stock rims too. Powder Coated black of course.
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #22
meep
2008 WK 

"Powder Coated black of course."

anyone tried the spray-on bedliner that can be bought at advanced auto?

I've used their rim paint and it worked GREAT and was super-hard (7 days to cure).

Was thinking of doing grill, wheels to match with either coating...
meep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #23
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post

I've used their rim paint and it worked GREAT and was super-hard (7 days to cure).

OMG - that would be incredibly hawt... I can already imagine that looking pretty rugged. I don't think it would look appropriate on a khaki WK like mine. But You've got me considering ideas..
Unread 11-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #24
wakeskate420
2006 WK 

I run 245/75R17 BFG All-Terrain's with no lift and no rubbing. I had to cut the bolt though, but it looks and rides great! And I'll be throwing the Bilstein's on all the way around as soon as they ship from Germany, so that should add an extra 1/4" of lift, maybe more...
wakeskate420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #25
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Airportdave is that with no lift?

Also Meep and Carolina check out my post on Plasti-Dip I just made, may be an option for you guys.
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #26
airportdave
2010 WK 

Yup- no lift, no spacers!
Unread 11-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #27
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post

I would think the texture of the bed liner on wheels would cause mud to stick and cake on. Other then that Bed Liner is pretty tough stuff. I do remember seeing a guy who sprayed his entire F-250 with Rhino Liner. Looked O-K. A little extreme.
Unread 07-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
robswk
2008 WK 

So wait, 2 inch ome without spacers or pinch weld on stock fits only 245 at max? I was thinking same thing I like the stock jeep wheels was thinking 255 should be ok but if you have 245 then don't think it would be good idea to get 255...

Black WK Member #42
robswk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #29
cr4zyfkr

I can fit 265-70-17 on stock wheels and clear everything with no lift or spacers.
cr4zyfkr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #30
robswk
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zyfkr View Post
I can fit 265-70-17 on stock wheels and clear everything with no lift or spacers.
Ok cool, just to double check there wasn't a typo this awesome wk has 245 mud tires on not 265 correct?

Black WK Member #42
robswk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.