Tire rotation (5 wheels) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Tire rotation (5 wheels)

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
norwaywj
2006 XK Commander 

Tire rotation (5 wheels)

I'm putting on some BFG MT's on my Jeep Commander With QDII.
I have 5 equal tires and rims. What kind of rotation pattern should I use ?

norwaywj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

If you plan on keeping the same tire size..I would never put the spare into rotation. I would just front back and back to front.
I had a 2006 GC, but did not keep the turd long enough to rotate the tires.
Users manual would be best source.

I am sure there is some safety rule stating how long a tire can be exposed to the elements before it should be thrown away.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Rearward cross with the drivers front going to the spare and the spare going to the passengers rear spot.
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
trax95008
Web Wheeler
2006 XK Commander 

Rotating the spare in is NOT a bad idea at all. Especially considering how sensitive our diffs are to tire diameter. If your tires were worn, and you got a flat, using a spare with full tread could actually do some harm. Rotation pattern is different for 4wheel drive than 2wheel. I don't have the pattern memorized, whenever I need to know it, I google it. You should check there.
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
JRLT
2010 WK 

Found this here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=43&

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.