Tire Pressure Sensors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Tire Pressure Sensors?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 07-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
IrDewey
2006 WK 

Tire Pressure Sensors?

I bought my 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited used, and as I've been using it, the "Spare Low Pressure" warning keeps showing up on the display. Upon inspection, I found that the spare tire appears to be a replacement, as it is smaller than the other 4 wheels. I assume this means that it doesn't have the pressure sensor in it. I've tried filling the tire, but it's been full all along.

Is there a way to turn the warning off?

IrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
bmuhlbach
2005 WK 

check out this web site -tire monitor system
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tpms.htm
bmuhlbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
merlinTec

Hi
do a search on here been cover a lot. If you have no spare sensor (but you should have) you need to get one coded in or if you have a friend with the same wheels see if you can borrow one of his wheels for a day or two. What you then do is put one of yours in the spare and his on your jeep and if the car has been parked up for 4 hours or more you then drive it above 15 mph for 5 minutes to code his sensor. You then put his tire in the spare and put yours back on, park it up for another 4 hours then drive it again as above. You can then give him his wheel back and you will no longer need a spare with a sensor in it.
Best advice would be to have full size wheel with a sensor but but giving you options
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
IrDewey
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach View Post
check out this web site -tire monitor system
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tpms.htm
I've read that article, and it doesn't help with a missing sensor. I did, however consider that the tire may not be trained to the system, but I wasn't able to find the magnet used to train it.

I may end up having to pay a dealer to fix it
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
merlinTec

Magnet to train them? lost me
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
IrDewey
2006 WK 

Nevermind, I guess I read a different article. So, is there a way to just tell the system not to read from the spare tire? I'd like it if I didn't have to pay $50 for a new sensor.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.