Throttle Position sensors readings??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Throttle Position sensors readings???

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #1
KunningSTUNT
2005 WK 

Throttle Position sensors readings???

I recently had an error code displayed on my car and as it turns out (according to my superchips programmer) it was the TPS voltage too high code, so before I replaced it I ran the diagnostics on the TPS during a drive and the faulty TPS was showing the throttle position to be 100% at W.O.T (as I suspected it should).

So I bought a new TPS and since changing it the error has gone however I ran the diagnostics on the TPS again but this time at WOT it shows the throttle position to be only 67%.

Any Ideas???

My fear now is that since my car is only reading a maximum of 67% at full throttle am I losing power because my car is only operating as though I am only half throttleing it?

has anyone tested theirs?

- lukey exhaust
- superchips
KunningSTUNT is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.