Thoughts on 265-70-17 tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Thoughts on 265-70-17 tires

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 11-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
jlars34
2006 WK 

Thoughts on 265-70-17 tires

I'm on the fence between the Goodyear MT/R, Nitto Trail grappler MT, and the BFGoodrich TA MK2. I'm running a 2" spacer lift right now and I'm gonna be in desperate need for tires for the winter soon. Which one would you run on your WK?

jlars34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlars34
I'm on the fence between the Goodyear MT/R, Nitto Trail grappler MT, and the BFGoodrich TA MK2. I'm running a 2" spacer lift right now and I'm gonna be in desperate need for tires for the winter soon. Which one would you run on your WK?

not one of those tires are winter tires...i would look for a hybrid with siping...goodyear duratrac or cooper st maxx. as a resident of il you need a winter tires with snowflake
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Are you looking for a mud tire, and you desperately need to pick before the winter? OR are you looking for a winter tire? Your question can be interpreted in many ways.

But to answer your question, all 3 of those tires are fantastic mud tires. I'd personally go with the MTR's because I've seen how impressive they perform in person; however, I've heard great things about all 3. Whatever fits your price range more. Also look into their individual tire weights.

Build Thread
BoraBora is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
Aclow33
2006 WK 

If you are looking for an aggressive tire for both mud and winter, Cooper ATP is what you should look into.
I have them on my jeep right now in the LT285 70 17 and they handle great in the snow, yet look great.
Plus you cant beat the price of these.

Anyone else agree..?

Also if you can hold off, look for them to have rebates and sales.
I always use discounttiredirect.com or their eBay store.
I paid $628 for the LT285's after $160 off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.