They should make this a recall item! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > They should make this a recall item!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-22-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
coyote runner

They should make this a recall item!

I had my 2005 Jeep WK 5.7L HEMI since September, I like it alot, One thing that bothers me tho is the stalling. It happens unexpectedly about 4 times so far. Luckily its been when I slowed down to a stop or accelerated from a parking lot. My main concern is when pulling into a busy intersection from a stop and it stalls. will people be quick enough to react and understand ther problem and restart the vehicle. It would be horible if a Semi truck came into path at great speed and crashed into the stalled Jeep thus causing significant injury to yourself and any occupants that may be in the vehicle. Ive seen this topic discussed several times on this forum,..I feel this should be a recall issue anyone else agree? How would consumers bring this to DC attention?

coyote runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
There is a TSB to increase the idle speed to 580 from 500 RPM have you had this done? http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_1801205.pdf To bring it to DC attention is to complain to your dealer and get them to contact STAR centre and do a TPR (technical product report) with the compliant and when they decide it’s an issue they will get factory to look into it.
Regards,
Merlin

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.