Was there a OEM remote start for 05-07? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Was there a OEM remote start for 05-07?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Was there a OEM remote start for 05-07?

I have been digging around to see what OEM options there are for remote start and so far I have found that there is a Mopar add-on kit to give remote start functionality but it adds an extra single button fob to your keychain. Now I know JK Wranglers have the same key fob as the 05-07 WK but their lower button controls the remote start where the WK lower button is to pop the back glass.

Was there an OEM remote start option for the 05-07 that didn't add an extra fob?

Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
esfitz79

1986 CJ7 

I have an '07 with the remote start, not sure if it was part of the Rocky Mountain package, but I have a 4 button key fob. This is how it came off the showroom floor. Bottom right button twice starts the Jeep.

Last edited by esfitz79; 06-18-2013 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: added info
esfitz79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfitz79 View Post
I have an '07 with the remote start, not sure if it was part of the Rocky Mountain package, but I have a 4 button key fob. This is how it came off the showroom floor. Bottom right button twice starts the Jeep.

I have a factory remote start as well. This pic is exactly what I have on my 2007 Laredo.
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Thats exactly what I want for my 2006 Limited! Anyone know what it would take to add the functionality and this key?
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
esfitz79

1986 CJ7 

The part number on the back of the fob shows as "05026355AB" so i would guess (and it is just that) if you have this key and the remote start module you could avoid the extra fob. I would think its just a matter of programming the computer to the key at that point. Might be able to ask the Stealership about it.
esfitz79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
The part number on the back of the fob shows as "05026355AB" so i would guess (and it is just that) if you have this key and the remote start module you could avoid the extra fob. I would think its just a matter of programming the computer to the key at that point. Might be able to ask the Stealership about it.
Ok we are getting closer! I work at a dealership actually but sometimes it is hard to get information here on old models. Depends on who I talk to. You would be surprised but it is actually better for me to search the web or get on Jeep enthusiast sites than ask here haha
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
zc911

I would be very interested to know what you find out
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #8
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Almost Positive there's no factory command start in 05 and i'm prety sure not in 06 either.
You can get mopar one now , and feel free to correct me, but from what i've heard they're crap . they have the same range as the lock/unlock feature so they are useless unless your jeep happens to be in the attached garage next to you . go aftermarket and get at least a 1500 ft range so you can at least start your car from the wally world entrance .
Good luck
2010 MK Patriot
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

mopar PN is 8977020364 and is supposed to "seamlessly integrate into factory wiring". I believe that they give you the keychains so you don't have to pay to have a new key cut. Theoretically if you install this system, you could pay the $150 to have a new 4-button key cut and programmed. Asking the stealership is free.
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.