Temp controls lights are out. Commander question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Temp controls lights are out. Commander question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Rollbar12
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Temp controls lights are out. Commander question

Ok so the old lady has a 2006 Commander and the lights behind the temp control are out. One comes on every now and then,but it is kind of annoying. Is this an easy fix? Do Ihave to rip half the dash out? Thanks in advance.

Rollbar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
XK1982
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollbar12 View Post
Ok so the old lady has a 2006 Commander and the lights behind the temp control are out. One comes on every now and then,but it is kind of annoying. Is this an easy fix? Do Ihave to rip half the dash out? Thanks in advance.
Have had similar issues with my 06 but on the buttons for tow/haul, esp, heated seats, etc. After wheeling a few days I noticed a lot of the lights just started going out...haven't done anything with them and just kind memorize where they are. I'm sure you would have to tear the whole dash out to access them which is the main reason I'm just living with it. GOod luck!
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
marka2k

2006 WK 

There is a write up on how to replace the bulbs on the Grand Cherokee HVAC it might be similar on the Commander????
Attached is a link to the thread hoping it is similar: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/h...hread-1334788/

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
WmassWK
2006 WK 

The above write up is what I went off of last spring. I used some bulbs bought through Amazon and soldered them in pretty easily. There are also Youtube vids showing how to as well. My TC button and drivers' side heated seat button are currently out and they drive me nuts. I'll check this weekend to see if they pull apart and have replaceable bulbs.
WmassWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Rollbar12
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wonderful info guys! Thanks for the help. As soon as I posted this I went out and now the damn things work. But its good to have a place to come back to when they go belly up again. I like to memorize the spots, but she dont let me drive "her toy" as much. I prefer the Wrangler anyway
Rollbar12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.