Tail lights out on 2010 Grand Cherokee but brake and turn lights OK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Tail lights out on 2010 Grand Cherokee but brake and turn lights OK

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Fargo44
2010 WK 

Tail lights out on 2010 Grand Cherokee but brake and turn lights OK

Yes my tail lights were out when I unhooked my Jeep Limited from behind our RV in rural Maine yesterday. The rear turn signals and brake lights worked perfectly. So you figure either bulbs or fuse. The answer is yes but Jeep has to make it hard for you!

I found the solution but posted this anyway because it will happen to someone else. Short story if this happens to you check to see if your front running lights and the license plate light is also out. If so then you probably have burned out either fuse #8 or #10 (both 10 amp i.e., red) in the Integrated Power Module fuse bank under the hood. (see p.404) of your owner’s manual.
Simple right? Problem is you have no way of knowing that these fuses also serve the “tail lights” because the key for the fuses on p.404 labels them “Lt. Park Lamps” and “Rt. Park Lamps” respectively. Yes, your tail lights are your rear parking lights but I think of them as “tail lights” first especially when driving down the highway! Of course if only the tail lights are out and the front running lights work your problems is the bulb! Maybe this will save others the time to figure it out?

Good idea to carry spare fuses, lamps, and a fuse puller/tester with you.

Fargo44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.