Sway Bars, SRT vs OEM?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sway Bars, SRT vs OEM??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep seats at Jeephut.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
scootter82
2009 WK 

Sway Bars, SRT vs OEM??

Is there a difference between the front and rear sway bars that came stock on my Overland and the SRT's I see people talking about? If so, is it worth it to upgrade?

Unread 01-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Kolak
Vendor

Both the front & the rear SRT bars are larger in diameter than the stock bars. But if you want the greatest handling improvement, I suggest the Addco bars. I've sold a lot of them to the SRT crowd and they are very impressive. PM me if you'd like pricing.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

I'm looking at the rear-only SRT sway swap also. My goal is to further stabilize roof loads. There is a sticky on that "other" jeep site that talks about the SRT sway swap and also the addcos.
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
Kman09JGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234
I'm looking at the rear-only SRT sway swap also. My goal is to further stabilize roof loads. There is a sticky on that "other" jeep site that talks about the SRT sway swap and also the addcos.
If you do srt swaybars do front and rear. Much better control than just rear. Depending what year you have you just need bushings and not the brackets. But like Kolak said the addco bars are thicker but some have had fitment issues but that maybe corrected by now. I'm running srt front/rear bars Bwoody end links and 5100 Holsteins. Awesome ride and handling.
Black WK Club #107
Kman09JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

Holstein makes a shock? Are they anything like the Bilsteins?

Oh wait, you were thinking of the Holstein breed of cattle. I guess out there in those long Ohio winter evenings a man's mind starts to wander . . .

FWIW, front + rear is just too much effort for me. Love to try the Addco on the rear, but with apologies to Kolak, I've read about the fitment issues in the past and I just don't want any whiff of that, fixed or not.
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #6
Kman09JGC

Lol damn iPhone
Black WK Club #107
Kman09JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
scootter82
2009 WK 

Hmm....I'm thinking about ditching my quick disconnects up front and looking at the bwoody end links. I have an OME lift on right now, but am thinking about doing a modified OME to squeak out a little bit more height. Should I go ahead and get the 3" links instead of the 2"? Would that affect anything if i put 3" end links on before doing a modified OME?

http://bwoodyperformance.com/product...roducts_id=438

Update: I went ahead and ordered the 3" versions with grease fittings. Hopefully they'll work right...
Update2: After thinking about all the weight from the hemi and armor, I emailed them and changed it to 2".
Unread 02-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #8
scootter82
2009 WK 

So I emailed them last night after I ordered, to change them to 2". They emailed me.back at 8am today saying they've already been cut to 3", but will adjust them to 2" and no refund for the difference ($10). I'm fine on the refund bit, but really, they already cut them?!?! That was quick! I hope any aditional cuts won't affect the final product...

Also ordered a set of front and rear addco sway bars from Kolak.
Unread 02-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
msoukup84
2005 WK 

SRT/XK front swaybar is only .05" bigger over stock WK...NOT WORTH IT!!!
msoukup84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #10
scootter82
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msoukup84 View Post
SRT/XK front swaybar is only .05" bigger over stock WK...NOT WORTH IT!!!
Maybe, I just have a little OCD in me that wants parts to be consistent, front and back. I definitely needed to replace the bushings all around, so meh, went ahead and upgraded both sway bars to Addco. Well see how they turn out. I've already put on the Bwoody end links in the back. I probably could have just done a 1" extension on those instead of two. The sway bar isn't completely vertical like it was before, now it leans in towards the center, slightly. Wonder if it'll straighten up once I add a little more height with the modded OME?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.