Suspension rattle?! Bushings? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Suspension rattle?! Bushings?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
WBNKS05
2005 WK 

Suspension rattle?! Bushings?

Hey guys, new to the Forum so bear with me.

just got a 2005 Grand Cherokee used and have only had it for about a week and im already hearing and rattling/clunk-ish(more rattle, like something is loose) noises from what i believe both the front and rear suspension.

im new with Jeeps and am not sure if this vehicle has a rear sway bar. but i feel (from reading other forums) that its just sway bar bushings worn out. i am covered with a warranty so most fixes shouldn't be a problem and will be covered. If it does just sound like bad bushings so now the bar is just kinda rattling around all loose then can it be an easy DIY fix? or should i take it into the dealership?

Would love to hear what you guys think, or if this might be a bigger problem. any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

WBNKS05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

Yup front and rear sway bars, all infront of the wheel hubs. Reach in there and give everything a shake to see if theres any play. I had a clunk in the rear and i had to give an upper shock mount an extra 1/8th turn to get it snug. Wouldnt hurt to snug everything up and see if it goes away.

For the front also Ive heard of people having a rattle or clunk if the steering rack is a little loose. 1/8 to 1/4 turn should do it if you have play in the steering wheel. Just hit mine. Its an External Torx E20.
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.