Suspension Lift for '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Suspension Lift for '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
dubyak

Suspension Lift for '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK)

I've got a 2006 WJ Limited with the HEMI engine. I'm wanting to do a suspension lift. Previously, I had owned a WJ and went with a BDS 4" suspension lift...loved it, but the death wobble wasn't desired. I'm told you don't get the death wobble with the WK. Is there anything undesireable that comes from lifting a WK? Anything with the electronics or the tire pressure display...stuff like that?

What suspension lift do you recommend? It seems most people like the OME 2" lift. Is that the best?

A sister company of BDS, Zone makes a 4" kit that comes with a heck of a lot more than the OME kit.

OME suspension lift: http://4xguard.com/affiliated-produc...kit-wk-xk.html

Zone suspension lift: http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=365&gr=-1

Which, btw...what's the difference between the Med Springs OME 2990 and
HD Springs OME 2991 with the OME kit?

Does OME make a 4" lift? I haven't found one. Is there any other suspension lift that anyone would recommend? With my WJ I had to have a dual stabilizer once I lifted it. Is this needed for the WK?

dubyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Not trying to be rude, but all these questions have been addressed several times. You can search the forum for all these answers.
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Kolak
Vendor

There's sort of a legendary thread about problems with the Zone kit on another forum. If you want to go with a 4" lift, go with Superlift.

The OME kit is half the price of the Superlift, gives you 3" of lift, and allows for 32" tires. Would that be sufficient?
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
jjt250
2007 WK 

If you're going over 4 inches of lift and can afford it, go with the Superlift. Never heard anyone complain about the OME. The difference between the Medium duty and the Heavy duty is different spring rates. Most people with V8s or CRDs seem to go with the HD. OME doesn't make a 4 inch lift.
Unread 09-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
eprovenzano
2005 WK 

I just installed an OME HD on my WK. I've gained 3 inches in the front and 2.5 in the rear. The ride is much better then stock. I thought the HD would be harsh, but no, its firm, controlled and very comfortable.

Is there a reason why your set on 4 inches of lift? Give the OME another look, I'll bet it will suite your needs.
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
dubyak

I'm leaning towards the OME HD (I have a HEMI). I guess my concern was whether I'd be able to fit 32" tires without doing additional mods. Can this be achieved or is the pinch weld mod and other stuff required? I was looking into 4" lift because I had the BDS 4" lift on my WJ and with that I was able to add 32" tires without any rub. OME HD seems to be the way to go...I'm just hoping to get 32" tires without the rub.
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
dubyak

With the OME HD is there an issue with ESP compatibility? If so, is there something that can be done?
Unread 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
eprovenzano
2005 WK 

I have had no issues with the ESP. To clear 32's the pinch weld mod will need to be done, but it's not difficult to do.
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

I have a 3" OME HD lift with 32" tires and have NO rubbing
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyak
I'm leaning towards the OME HD (I have a HEMI). I guess my concern was whether I'd be able to fit 32" tires without doing additional mods. Can this be achieved or is the pinch weld mod and other stuff required? I was looking into 4" lift because I had the BDS 4" lift on my WJ and with that I was able to add 32" tires without any rub. OME HD seems to be the way to go...I'm just hoping to get 32" tires without the rub.
I have the days tar 2" lift with bilateins all around which probably yeilds like 2.25" total. I have 33's and no rubbing. Granted I've done the pinch weld mod and have the spidertrax 1.5" spacers. If u don't have the spacers your Deffinetly going to have to trim the upper control arm bolt but you shouldn't have any problems with the 32's with an one hd
Unread 09-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
dubyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax95008 View Post
I have a 3" OME HD lift with 32" tires and have NO rubbing
Does OME make a 3" kit? I thought it was just a 2".
Unread 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyak
Does OME make a 3" kit? I thought it was just a 2".
Yes I have the 3”
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
skrach77
2005 WK 

The OME kit is listed as both, yet is the same kit (I believe). The average gain from it on a vehicle that does not have lots of extra weight from things like armor, is 3". Some claim a little more than that, but I think after a few thousand miles of break in for the new springs, you end up settled somewhere just at 3".
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
dubyak

OME Kit

Next up...tire size confused the hell out of me. If I go with the OME HD suspension lift, would I be able to fit a size 32" tire?

Someone on Craigslist is selling a set of five wheels and tires off their Rubicon Jeep. With a lift, would these wheels/tires fit? They are listed as: 255/75/17.

I have the Limited model with Moduflex chrome wheels currently.

I believe they will fit, but want to confirm. Thanks for the help.
Unread 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
Kolak
Vendor

A 32" tire is perfect with the OME lift, and the 255 width should not require wheel spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyak View Post
Next up...tire size confused the hell out of me. If I go with the OME HD suspension lift, would I be able to fit a size 32" tire?

Someone on Craigslist is selling a set of five wheels and tires off their Rubicon Jeep. With a lift, would these wheels/tires fit? They are listed as: 255/75/17.

I have the Limited model with Moduflex chrome wheels currently.

I believe they will fit, but want to confirm. Thanks for the help.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.