Suspension Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Suspension Help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
njudkins21

Suspension Help!

Hey guys I just took my 05 Grand Cherokee in to get all new shocks and struts. I believe they used monroe reflex? Anyway, I've had it back in 4 times in the last week because I have a rattle coming out of the front driver side since they replaced them. They tore it back apart, replaced the ball joints, and strut mount and its still there. My question is this... When I have the front end in the air and I take my fist and strike the spring, should it have ANY play in it at all? It sounds loose, and the other side is not. Im not a suspension guy so any info would be appreciated!

njudkins21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Kolak
Vendor

Did they replace the upper and lower spring isolators? They are often the culprit.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
njudkins21

The top one is new the bottom one is not. I just went out there trying to isolate the noise and grabbed hold of the strut itself and can wiggle it a little bit... any ideas?
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
tom19511
2006 WK 

My mechanic had to replace the new strut he installed. It was bad out of the box.. I believe it is the same manufacturer and part as yours...
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

I have new isolaters in the box if you need them.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[B][U]2005 WK 5.7[/U] [COLOR="Red"]ORT[/COLOR] | Mod SL (OME struts & 990s) | JBA UCAs & Discos | Saguaro Front Bumper | Warn Zeon 10s | 285/70/17 BFG TA KO | AIRAID CAI | Gibson 3" Exhaust | DiabloSport Intune | JL Stealthbox[/B]
ttusqrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
njudkins21

Actually I forgot to mention that, they already replaced it with a new strut because the first one they put in was bad. Possibly another bad one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.