SuperCharger and WK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > SuperCharger and WK

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
MasterFrost

SuperCharger and WK

I am looking for more...From my 5.7L HEMI.

ONe year ago I ordered from GSMOTORSPORTS super charger complete kit . Included the NOVI1500 supercharger from PAXTON (as addverised).

Anyway after one year still on shelf the system and many unsuccessful installations.

We tried 2 times to installe it... BUT the kit were from the 6.1L

The main problem were the zero space , but some how we managed to install-squeeze the SC behind the copilot's light...

After there came the problem with the SC Water/Air Cooller. You see the problem was the inlet pipe of Charged air to W/A cooler could not installed as the sway bar is exactly in the middle

Even I have contacted with them several times (gsmotorsports... I only got one or 2 answers stating the kit is the correct one ...
Imagine even the magnaflow exhaust came for the 6.1L and even the exhaust which is plug and play need to be trimmed and....

Anyway. Do you thing guys the 6.1L WK's bay is different(bigger) comparing the Wk with 5.7L ?

Any suggetsion or thought of yours on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Am thinking now I should have gone for the CAM upgrade and an MSD ECU alteration for maximum HP...

I red in an article the stock HEMI with COMP CAM upgrade and an ECU altering fuel, increasing of Rpm from 5300 to 6700 and an exhaust free the motor into an astonishing 480Hpon the bench... This is an SRT killer isn it?

MasterFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

Sounds promising my friend, have you frequented the cherokeesrt8 forums? There is A LOT of muscle on that group. some guys pushing 900-1000 hspwr (dynod) some guys pushing toward the high 9, low 10 1/4 mile. Go on there and read up on the performance section. LOTS of good info there.

If anything, I would think there's more room in the 5.7L bay, 6.1s basically/mechanically had different cams and cylinder heads.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
MasterFrost

Thanks Man... Appreciated

I am certainly in a different path now.
Propably will go for CAM upgrade and ECU alteration along with MAGNAFLOW exhaust , K&N Filter and maybe for the headers ...

I think can squeeze a 430Hp or more . Hope so...
MasterFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
Escape
2005 WK 

MasterFrost,

Might want to look into this SMS Supercars Introduces the SMS 296 Supercharger for HEMI 5.7L & 6.1L Motors.
I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.

Escape
Escape is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.