sunroof rear drain tube replace - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > sunroof rear drain tube replace

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
selkplitt
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

sunroof rear drain tube replace

Was curious if anyone has experience in replacing the rear passenger side sunroof drain. I have removed the headliner and blown air in but can still tell there is an obstruction although some air goes through. I closed it back up hoping it was enough but it wasn't. I bought a new drain tube for the $5.00. My question is, when the tube goes down the c pillar, can i just pull it out or do I need to remove the lower trim to get to pieces that hold it in place. Trying to figure this out before I start tearing it apart again.

Thanks for any help.
07 commander sport

selkplitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
mdamen

I just went through this on my 05 GC. You can't get to the tube once it goes into the C pillar. I took out the rear seat and all the trim and you can't see anything.
Looking under the car, I can only see a small drain hole that is filled with foam. After the drain tube is installed, they shoot foam into the cavity for sound deadening. It tends to dislodge the end of the drain tube and plug it with foam. I do not know of a way to get to the end of the drain tube at the bottom of the C pillar.
mdamen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.