Sunroof is like an easy bake oven - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sunroof is like an easy bake oven

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 09-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
cobosoxfan

Sunroof is like an easy bake oven

Not sure if anyone else has this same complaint, but my sunroof is actually creating heat even though its tinted. Holy cow, if I had some cookie dough, I could set a pan up there and cook them.

I'm wondering if maybe its a replacement and it has cheap tint? Did anyone else have this problem and what did you do to resolve it?

I just keep the sunroof slide cover closed all the time, but what's the point of having a sunroof if it creates that much heat? I mean it will be great in the winter time, but if the temp is above 60, it just sucks.

Unread 09-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
94jeepman
2005 WK 

if my sunroof isnt open the slide is closed i dont drive and start out the sunroof so what the point of haveing the slide opened unless the sunroof is actually opened at least that my opinion
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
cobosoxfan

I like the slide open, personal preference I suppose. My '98 GC did not have the same heat issue. I suppose the point of the post was not "if you have it, close it", more the question, is it normally this hot for others?

That way I have a gauge for getting a quality or OEM replacement or just live with it, and close the slide.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
WmassWK
2006 WK 

Mine gets pretty warm too. I prefer the slide open but I do have to close it sometimes.
WmassWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

My sunroof doesn't seem to be unusually hot -at least no hotter than any other glass surface out in the sun. It is warmer in the cab when the shade is open, but I live in a warm climate so perhaps I just can't judge if it's really "hot"
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

I prefer to have the shade closed in the summer when it's sunny. It gets hot enough in our black jeep without the sun's rays beating down on my head.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.