STS-V WK Grand Cherokee Progress Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > STS-V WK Grand Cherokee Progress Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
STS-V

STS-V WK Grand Cherokee Progress Thread

I figured I'd start a progress thread before I get everything in and finished. Here is my WK so far:

So far on order I have:

22" Viper Reps, black & machined (to match my M6.)
2 sets of tires, 285/45/22 or 265/40/22 (couldnt decide.)
2.5" lift (couldnt decide)
black housing head lights
6k HID, white/amber switchback LED turn signals
new front bumper and lower valance
stillen headlight turn signal covers
4x black door molding replacements
LED tail lights
LED Fogs
AVIC-Z2 install w/ backup camera, bluetooth, satellite

To do:
Replace front window tint to match sides and rears.
tint tail lights
possibly tint fogs and headlights
repaint grille body color, paint headlight covers
Im considering painting the front bumper and lower valence all silver.
Im also considering doing the door moldings silver, not sure on that though.
Cant decide if I want to leave the lower rockers black or paint silver like overlands.

I value everyone's input during this process, on what you think will look best.

STS-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Luck06
2006 WK 

I'm confused on a few things... you ordered 2 sets of tires cause you couldn't decide?? How did you order a 2.5" lift if you "couldn't decide"? You bought new door moldings and a new bumper and are considering painting them silver, what other color would you have gone with? You said you want to tint the headlights and also paint the headlight covers, not sure I understand that one either.
- 2" RC lift, 1.5" RC Spacers, 58643 MLL's, !Pinch Weld, Spyder Bull Bar, 130w KC Daylighters, Spyder LED Tails, Taillight Guards, Silverstar ZXE's, Interior LEDs, Kenwood 6" DVD/NAV, 12" Audiobahn Sub
Luck06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
STS-V

Yes, I ordered two sets of tires and will mount each one to the 22x9 to see how it fits up to the jeep.

If I like the 285's, ill probably install the 2.5" lift. If I can deal with the thinless of the 265s, I wont.

For the door moldings, they are black now. So is the lower valence of the front bumper. Not sure if I want to keep them black for contrast or a cleaner all silver look.
Unread 06-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
apagel202

I like it it looks clean. There's not much of our kind on this forum. Did you want to actually tint your headlights and fogs?
apagel202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
baggee
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS-V View Post
Yes, I ordered two sets of tires and will mount each one to the 22x9 to see how it fits up to the jeep.

If I like the 285's, ill probably install the 2.5" lift. If I can deal with the thinless of the 265s, I wont.

For the door moldings, they are black now. So is the lower valence of the front bumper. Not sure if I want to keep them black for contrast or a cleaner all silver look.
Post the pics of door moldings I also plan to paint them in black and would like to see how it looks like...My wk is silver like yours...
baggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
STS-V

22" Viper replicas. 265/40/22 Tires. MUCH More to come in the next week or two.

Unread 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
Luck06
2006 WK 

Looks good! You definitely need to paint/replace the door handles and moldings now. Oh and I gotta vote "NO" on the lift with those rims. Just my $.02
Unread 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
STS-V

Im not lifting.

What color should I do with the door handles and moldings? silver?
Unread 06-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
Luck06
2006 WK 

Yea, silver.
Unread 07-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
STS-V

new front bumper and lower valance, body colored the lower front bumper. body colored the rocker panels, body colored the trim moldings. body colored the handles.

installed new HID fog lights, installed new blacked out headlights, body color matched turn signal covers. new smoked LED tail lights, took grille apart added custom plastidipped mesh and repainted grille body color. installed LED turn signal switch back lights, and some other things.

Battery died when I finished. will have almost completed pictured tomorrow.

Unread 07-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Not a bad looking build this far. I've always been kind of partial to non-srt WKs going the street route. I would prob suggest dropping that *** with a set of srt read coils or level the front with the rear with a JBA or rustys strut spacer.

Either way the 22s look great and go well with the color of the jeep. I'd prob want more sidewall- but to each their own
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
STS-V

Check out duplicolors website....

The only problems I ran into is with the LED turn signals. I bought a 50 watt 3 ohm resistors and it did not work. I still have hyperflashing. Do I need a different resistor? And which wire does it go on the turn signal, as I tried both.

Also, I bought a new HID kit. Plugged it in, and it worked fine. Until I cut the power off, and then it just sat there and flickered until I unplugged it. Any ideas?
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS-V
Check out duplicolors website....

The only problems I ran into is with the LED turn signals. I bought a 50 watt 3 ohm resistors and it did not work. I still have hyperflashing. Do I need a different resistor? And which wire does it go on the turn signal, as I tried both.

Also, I bought a new HID kit. Plugged it in, and it worked fine. Until I cut the power off, and then it just sat there and flickered until I unplugged it. Any ideas?
Did you use a relay for the hid's?
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
84foxgt
2007 WK 

I dont really like big wheels but I must say those look really good on there. nice work so far. how bout some pics of that bimmer.
2007 v6: Rough Country kit, Aries taillight gaurds, 2457517 Wrangler Silent Armors, LED interior lights, painted oe wheels Gunmetal, Topline 1.5" wheel spacers,SOLID rear diff cover,CREE backup lights,Hypertech Programmer
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
STS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WKHEMI View Post
Did you use a relay for the hid's?
No, I did not. is one required? Which one do you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84foxgt View Post
I dont really like big wheels but I must say those look really good on there. nice work so far. how bout some pics of that bimmer.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...ml#post2328902

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.