Stock Suspension Height - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Stock Suspension Height

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #46
SYCOHEMI

Okay, I got my Bridgestone 265/70R 17 REVO's on. In and out of America's Tire Company in less than 1 hour with an appt. They were great. Tires came out to $131.25 each after rebate. Here are the pics, hopefully, someone can post them:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...I/IMG_1006.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...I/IMG_1011.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...I/IMG_1012.jpg

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 04-20-2006 at 03:29 AM..
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2006, 02:37 AM   #47
bullaculla

That looks great syco. wish they looked like that stock!
I might have to get that lift and tires too.
Unread 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #48
XKShawn

Very nice! Do you know what your ground clearance is now?
XKShawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #49
silverback

looks like Im going to have to spend money on the commander......Thanks alot guys
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #50
zim
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any issues yet? Did you have the computer adjusted to make the speedo correct? Once again it looks perfect. That's the way they should have come from the factory
zim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #51
SYCOHEMI

Not sure what new ground clearance is, I will be offroading this Sunday.

I have not done the research to find out how to adjust the speedometer.

Coming around an on ramp, I may have actuated the dynamic stability control with the new tires, I'll have to keep an eye on this... I'm used to driving fairly fast... Just got the new tires, so I have to see how they are - not sure what it was just yet...
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #52
kchecca

Even when I had just the smaller tires on it, I noticed the DSS kicking in on off-ramps. Must be something do do with the higher center of gravity. You just have to keep the speeds down.

I still have not figured out how to adjust the speedo back, but I also wonder if that wouldnt help. I need to get in touch with the Superlift guys to find out more on the Truspeed unit.

-Keith
kchecca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #53
zim
2008 JK Wrangler 

can't you just change the gear ratio or tire size on the cumputer at the dealership?
zim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2006, 12:05 AM   #54
SYCOHEMI

Yeah, this particular on ramp is about 240 degrees and banked nicely, so its easy to get carried away on the speeds. I hadn't had DSC control kick in before. Thanks.

'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 02-05-2007 at 01:11 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.