Stock Suspension Height - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Stock Suspension Height

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #16
kchecca

Hi guys. Back from my weekend away and the good weather allowed some pics with the lift and the new tires, which went on Thursday morning.

Tires are 265/65R17 which are slightly wider and taller than stock, but barely. They are too small... I really hoped they would look a bit bigger. You dont even really notice the lift and tires until you place it next to a stock picture.

They dont rub at all and the lift has been good so far. I *think* I can feel the increased IFS angle through some increased jiggle and jounce over bumps, but it's pretty marginal. Wife thinks I am insane. We put about 700 miles on this weekend, so I feel I tested it out good.

Here are a couple pics from Cape Cod this weekend. Really thought the distance one was going to be great until the shadow of the duffus taking the picture (me) showed up.

To confirm the questions from earlier, I did only get the lift, no shocks. I dont notice any problems with the rear ride at this point.

I would watch out for poly spacers in the front, since I would think they need to go into the strut instead of above. This requires a strut compressor and a harder install, plus it will stiffen the ride.

kchecca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #17
bullaculla

Looks good! I might need a lift soon. Screwed my rear bumper the other day going up a steep hill

:edit:
sorry for the language
Unread 03-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #18
SYCOHEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTREPER
I'd stay clear from anything from 4 wheel parts. From my experience with the shop in Irvine, now in Laguna Hills, I wouldn't trust them with a radio flyer.
Any suggestions on a local shop for install of the Rocky Road 2.25 inch lift?

I might try to do the install with a friend, but I haven't done any work on off road vehicles, only street/track cars and motorcycles. Plus, it's hard to find the time - weak excuse I know, but I need to get it done soon...
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2006, 12:43 AM   #19
SYCOHEMI

I'm in! Thanks everyone for all the advice, and for Kchecca for having the guts to do it.

I just placed my order online for my 2.25 inch lift kit from Rocky Road, with the DT8000 shocks.

Not sure how long it will take to get here, but I plan to install them soon. I hope they have everything in stock to ship my kit.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 03-07-2006, 12:46 AM   #20
INTREPER

You're probobly going to laugh when I tell you this, but i've had nothing but good experiences at the TUTTLE CLICK dealership. I've been going to the same service writer and technician for the last 7 years and have yet to have a problem. They've done lots of after market installs for me too.

I'll PM you there contact info and you can give them a call and see what they say as far as getting your lift on.
Unread 03-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #21
SYCOHEMI

Thanks for the referral. I bought my Commander at Tuttle Click, and had a pleasant experience. I look forward to getting to know the techs and service people better and hope they will be able to do the lift.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 03-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #22
cacmndr

KCHECCA, that looks awsome

My other toy, "COAL DUMPER"
01 Dodge CTD HO 2500 4x4 Quad Cab Sport LB, Edge Comp,175 hp Injectors, Haisley Street Drag, Silencer Ring MIA, BD Short Shift, FASS, AFE Mega Cannon, A- Pillar, Stewart Warner Boost, Exhaust & Fuel Pressure Gauges, Straight Pipe, Billet Locking Fuel Door, Grill, Silverstars, 2" Day Star Spacers, Bilstein shocks, BFG 35/12.50/18, Pioneer in dash DVD w/ Rockford Fosgate Subs & Amps [/COLOR][/FONT]
cacmndr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2006, 10:16 AM   #23
TRCommander

The new pictures of your lift are great you can really see the difference the 2" makes. I was thinking about holding out until the 4" superlift was perfected but I really like your 2" lift.

Has the lift made it alot easier to get under the commander? I had to change my oil for the first time last week and just sliding under the commander was a pain in the ***. That was one of the major perks of my 3" lift on my wrangler I could get under my wrangler and work on anything without having to jack it up.

Gone but not forgotten!
2000 Wrangler Sahara w/3" Teraflex lift, DT3000 shocks, warn winch (which I still have, I'm not completly insane), Teraflex QD, 33'' Dunlop mudrovers and ORD rock rails.
TRCommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2006, 12:35 AM   #24
SYCOHEMI

I was going to hold out too, but you can't beat the price on the 2.25 inch lift.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 03-14-2006, 06:20 AM   #25
kchecca

I have not really had to get underneath. I am not due for a while on the oil change, plus I got it during the free two years of regular maintenance deal, so I'll just be dropping it off.

New tires coming, still want bigger. I a getting an almost new set of 265/70R17s which are yet another inch taller, plus an all terrain tread. We'll see how they look in a couple days, I hope.
Unread 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #26
SYCOHEMI

Look forward to hearing about the fitment and looks. I probably will want the 265/70 17's as well. Still waiting for my lift kit.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 03-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #27
silverback

cannt wait to see more lifted and the tire combinations. We might be going with the 2.25 as well.. unless superlift get off their a$$es and fixes the esp problems
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #28
SYCOHEMI

Kchecca - you mentioned that "your wife thinks your insane"

Did she say that because she can't tell any difference at all from the stock ride compared to the lifted ride?
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 03-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #29
kchecca

Yeah, she thinks I am totally making up all the bumps, clunks, etc that I have heard over the last 10 years in many trucks.

I will say with some more miles this weekend, that the ride is just fine. I have been delayed this week, but I am hoping to have the 265/70R17's on this week. I really wanted to get an alignment as they went on, but many local shops dont have the specs yet.

Anyone with experience on alignments?
Unread 03-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #30
SYCOHEMI

Let us know how the 265/70R 17's work out...
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.