stero upgrade question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > stero upgrade question

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
wicat3
2005 WK 

stero upgrade question

Hey guys I just got my 05 limited and I love it but it doesn't have an aux port for my ipod. I saw someone did a mod and I would do that but I was kind of hopping that I could just get an add on or something that connects a cable in the back of the stero? I think I have an REC radio. It is the 6 disc with navigation.

wicat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I bought an adapter for $80 the plugs right into the factory harness and has an input for the iPod and you can also add an AUX jack. I'll look for the site to link.
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=399133
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
justinmiller930
2005 WK 

I thought I read that if you have an 05, with REC radio, you can't do it for some reason?!
I'd like to add something like this for my 05 with NAV. I'd love to be able to stream Pandora and play songs from my iPhone.
justinmiller930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Mine works just fine. I got a cable with mine that plugs right into my iPod and charges it. You can skip fwd and back in a playlist from the steering whl controls but no songs display on the radio. This is on the wife's 05 with the rec radio with nav. It's not comparable if you have the video system hooked up to the rec.
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...le-ISCH73.html
This is what I bought. Took 15 mins to install. Sirius, nav,cd and am/fm radio all still function normally. You can add a Aux jack with a cable from radio shack or their site.
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...le-ISCH73.html
This is what I bought. Took 15 mins to install. Sirius, nav,cd and am/fm radio all still function normally. You can add a Aux jack with a cable from radio shack or their site.

Is it true that if you are listening to the auxiliary source, and then shut the Jeep off, you need to select auxiliary again when you restart? Doesn't it change back to radio by default?
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nope, not with the iPod. I don't have the other aux plug installed yet. I just have my iPod in the center console plugged in. If I was listening to my iPod and shut off and restart the iPod plays right where it left off.
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It plays thru the VES input to the radio. Video Entertianment System. It's not a hack setup. It uses unutilized inputs in the radio.
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Nope, not with the iPod. I don't have the other aux plug installed yet. I just have my iPod in the center console plugged in. If I was listening to my iPod and shut off and restart the iPod plays right where it left off.
Quote:
It plays thru the VES input to the radio. Video Entertianment System. It's not a hack setup. It uses unutilized inputs in the radio.
Yeah, I was looking at switching to something like this instead of the FM modulator I'm currently using. I can't find the thread now, but I thought it was mentioned somewhere that you needed to change the source back every time you restarted the Jeep. I wonder if it's different through the aux input as opposed to the iPod... Hmm, I might have to investigate.
Unread 09-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
wicat3
2005 WK 

Ok but If I have a dvd set up with my jeep I will lose that right? Or can it do both but not at the same time of course because the dvd uses the stereo
wicat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.