Steering wheel audio controls not working correctly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Steering wheel audio controls not working correctly

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Steering wheel audio controls not working correctly

My steering wheel audio controls are not working correctly. It's been like this for awhile but it's just finally starting to be annoying.

I have the two controls on the back of the steering wheel. Left does track/tune up & down, and right does volume up & down.

For some reason, the Volume Up button will turn down the volume, and same thing happens on the Track/Tune side (Track Down will skip Up a track). Sometime's the Track Down button on the left will actually turn UP the volume. So it's really out of whack, and my steering wheel is in good condition.

If I bang on the front of the steering wheel directly on the face in front of the rear switches, they seem to work ok for a few seconds.

Any suggestions? I can't imagine how expensive a new wheel is (let alone the airbag itself) so are just the buttons replaceable?

THANKS.

2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.