At the Stealership now...... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > At the Stealership now......

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!

Unread 08-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #16
JPK
2005 WK 

Yes, I only had one key, wife lost her set, thus the story. I told the service guy I just wanted one of the new keys programmed, I would program the second new key keeping my original key as a spare in case of another lost key. That's when he told me I couldn't program the second key, the dealership has to program the keys. After a couple more words I just said to myself screw it, not going to argue with the guy. On the bill though, they didn't break down the cost of the individual keys, the programing or the cutting. He just lumped it into one total price and added a ten dollar "misc." charge to the new keys combined charge.

JPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #17
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Bottom line here is always maintain three keys for your vehicles that have an OBP capability. Therefore if you lost one of the three you can swing by a locksmith or order a new one online and your set.

You paid a lot which sucks but oh well, you have three keys and that's that.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #18
JPK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafer57 View Post
Bottom line here is always maintain three keys for your vehicles that have an OBP capability. Therefore if you lost one of the three you can swing by a locksmith or order a new one online and your set.

You paid a lot which sucks but oh well, you have three keys and that's that.
I have three now. Not long before my wife lost her key I thought to myself I need to get a third key to program just in case. I never did and paid the price. I suppose it is a word to the wise.
JPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPK View Post
I have three now. Not long before my wife lost her key I thought to myself I need to get a third key to program just in case. I never did and paid the price. I suppose it is a word to the wise.
You should try some makes like Volvo or BMW,it can cost as much as $500 per key.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.