Springs for wk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Springs for wk

4th of July Military Discount! (Active: July 2 - 16, 2014)Currie RockJock Products!!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 08-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
airmax62592

Springs for wk

Has anyone put on h&r or ebach lowering springs on? And did you notice a drop at all

airmax62592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
BoraBora
2006 WK 

You're better off asking questions about lowering/street jeeps on Jeep Garage or the Street Jeeps section of this forum. Much more street Jeeps on Jeep Garage, more offroad Jeeps on here.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
You're better off asking questions about lowering/street jeeps on Jeep Garage or the Street Jeeps section of this forum. Much more street Jeeps on Jeep Garage, more offroad Jeeps on here.
^^^ This.

Though, truthfully, the street Jeep section here on JF is pretty sparse.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I have put SRT8 springs on one of my Jeeps and Eibach lowering springs for the SRT8. The regular SRT8 springs dropped it about 1" all around and the eibach springs dropped it about 1.75" front and about 2" in the rear. If you want a mild drop SRT8 springs are the best. The Eibach springs bottomed out quite a bit during normal driving. The Jeep handled much better in the corners, but I would want more up travel if I was going to run them full time.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

BS....there's plenty of Jeeps on this forum that are modified and lowered. Like tnadanzig, mine is lowered with Eibach SRT lowering springs. If you don't put the shorter inner cone in the rears, you'll bottom out big time, like I did at first. Now bottoming out is not a problem. If you put the SRT front bumper on, again like I did, it is low enough so you have to be very careful going up driveways, and running into cement parking stops in parking lots. Also, if you're in a moderate snow climate, I wouldn't recommend the lowering springs with the SRT bumper. Snow deeper than 4-5 inches on the road will cause you grief.

If you're mainly after making it handle like it's on rails, and live in snow country, I'd recommend you do the lowering springs, the SRT sways (again I used Eibach), and Bilstein shocks, with the stock front bumper. You'll love it for sure, especially if you like ~10X better handling than stock.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
airmax62592

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer
BS....there's plenty of Jeeps on this forum that are modified and lowered. Like tnadanzig, mine is lowered with Eibach SRT lowering springs. If you don't put the shorter inner cone in the rears, you'll bottom out big time, like I did at first. Now bottoming out is not a problem. If you put the SRT front bumper on, again like I did, it is low enough so you have to be very careful going up driveways, and running into cement parking stops in parking lots. Also, if you're in a moderate snow climate, I wouldn't recommend the lowering springs with the SRT bumper. Snow deeper than 4-5 inches on the road will cause you grief.

If you're mainly after making it handle like it's on rails, and live in snow country, I'd recommend you do the lowering springs, the SRT sways (again I used Eibach), and Bilstein shocks, with the stock front bumper. You'll love it for sure, especially if you like ~10X better handling than stock.
Thanks man I actually have a srt bumper myself and just did all my stuts the other month. Do you have any pics you can email me at steinhardt92@yahoo.com? And I was thinking of going for those and springs and I live upstate ny so should me fine I switch up my
Rims and bumper for the winter
airmax62592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
ChrisWK
2005 WK 

I got the wk eibach springs are great but with the stock shocks it bouncing a lot so upgrade to the Blistein shocks.
Limited HEMI Dark Khaki Pearl SRT8 Full Body Kit, Roof Rails,SRT8 Engine Strut Bar, Lund Rear Spoiler, MYGIG INSTALLED with LOCKPICK, Kenwood Sub,AFE Intake, Taylor Spark Plug Wires,G2 Silver Painted Brake Calipers, Billet Tech Catch Can, Addco Sway Bars Front and Rear, Eibach Lowering Springs,Xenon Volt HID Lows 6k,Chrome SRT Reps
ChrisWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmax62592 View Post
Has anyone put on h&r or ebach lowering springs on? And did you notice a drop at all
At JG there is a whole thread with links on lowering your WK.

H&R's are what I personally plan on going with, but not much lower without replacing struts/shocks with Bilsteins which actually raise the vehicle a small amount, so you don't constantly slam the bump-stops hitting bumps.

Are you looking to lower it a bit (1") or like 3"?
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.