spark plugs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > spark plugs?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 08-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
RickL
2005 WK 

spark plugs?

its time to change them. ive looked on here and all i can find is what people have used, not whats best. i have a 3.7l gc. what do you guys recommend i use in my truck. thanks for the input

rick

RickL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
sanitarium16
2007 WK 

I changed the plugs in my 4.7L to Denso iridium power plugs. They're expensive at $8 a plug but it runs so much smoother. I actually gained .2Mpg.
I know it says use only OEM replacements but i have absolutely no problems with these plugs.
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
08WKJGC
1998 ZJ 

I just changed mine last week with the Boch Platinums, paid about $2.99 each at Checker. I didnt really notice a difference either way in performance but it does idle smoother.
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
RickL
2005 WK 

thanks for input. im in canada and have just priced the ngk iridium IX and they are 15 a plug
RickL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
BilliardJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

NGK iridium are the best. Bosch are the worst (if you search you will find info). Bosch, Fram, and Kenwood all lower quality.
BilliardJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
08WKJGC
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliardJK View Post
NGK iridium are the best. Bosch are the worst (if you search you will find info). Bosch, Fram, and Kenwood all lower quality.
Actually i chose Bosch because I did search and along with NGK were the most reccomended for the Grand Cherokee. I dont believe Bosch are junk at all but i guess to each his own. I dont think its necessary to spend over $5 for a spark plug unless you have a high performance racing motor under the hood, less is more sometimes.
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

Quote:
I dont believe Bosch are junk at all but i guess to each his own. I dont think its necessary to spend over $5 for a spark plug unless you have a high performance racing motor under the hood, less is more sometimes.
---
---
Texas WJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.