Spare Tire Needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Spare Tire Needed

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
phatchopper1

Spare Tire Needed

I'm trying to find a spare tire for my 2006 Commander. Some POS stole my spare tire from under my car some time this week....the joys of living in Chicago!! Anyway, I have the base model wheels (17" aluminum cast). Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

phatchopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Well you could try a junkyard or a wrecker. That would probably be your cheapest solution. If you want to buy a new rim and tire, one of the cheapest online places I've seen OEM wheels is www.aaarims.com

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

So, is this the orbitek wheel? or could you post a picture of the wheel...I'll see whatI can dig up for you.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
phatchopper1

I haven't had any luck finding anything online. Everyone is selling 4 and so far i haven't been able to find anyone willing to sell just one. Here is a picture of the wheel that I need. Thanks for the help guys.

If the link to the picture doesn't work, I'll get one up by tomorrow.

Unread 09-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

If you have a Discount Tire store near you try them. I have gotten just one wheel from them in the past. Your insurance cover it?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
Scottina06
2006 WK 

car-part.com is your friend......there are 3 pages of this wheel on there.....from $275 each to $15 each....

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/sear...ey=&userPage=2
Scottina06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
phatchopper1

Thanks for the help guys. I just talked to my insurance guy yesterday, turns out all I have to pay is the $250 deductible. Not bad considering I also got an estimate from the Jeep dealership yesterday for about $750 with installation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.