spare tire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > spare tire

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-10-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
mrfWKJeep
2006 WK 

spare tire

I upgraded my tires to 265 Revo's after the 2" RR lift, now wondering about a spare. If I had a flat could I limp to the nearest repair show with the stock 235 or to much risk to the diff? Anyone know if you can get a 265 in the spare slot, looks pretty small?

mrfWKJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
coloradowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfWKJeep
I upgraded my tires to 265 Revo's after the 2" RR lift, now wondering about a spare. If I had a flat could I limp to the nearest repair show with the stock 235 or to much risk to the diff? Anyone know if you can get a 265 in the spare slot, looks pretty small?
You might be able to fit it (some can) or you can fit it deflated for sure. Also, running the smaller spare for a short distance shouldn't cause any problems. Granted you don't have the Superlift kit but in their literature they state that we can run the stock spare in the event of a flat.
coloradowk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
HemiEd
2007 WK 

Just to be on the safe side, if you do get a flat rear tire I would take my front tire and move it to the rear and put my spare on the front.
HemiEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
mrfWKJeep
2006 WK 

that's a good idea, I don't expect to put significate mileage on and would rather 'limp' to the nearest station then drop another $200 in a tire that will hopefully never get used. I'll plan on using the spare in the front if I ever get a flat.
mrfWKJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.