Spare tire? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Spare tire?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
If you don't have a hitch then it fits in the spare well easily. With a hitch you'll have to do some modifications to the inboard side of the hitch - but it still definately fits.

And it's a spare - it doesn't have to be pretty. Buy a used tire off Craigslist or a local tire shop. Be sure it has at least halftread life and is in good condition, of course, but it's just to get you rolling again should you need it.

YUPPP... my spare has JUST enough life to get me to a local shop in case of an emergency.... i know its not the besttttt way of doing things but its good enough to hold me off untill i get my 285s

Unread 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
skrach77
2005 WK 

How pissed would you be of you destroy a diff just to save $50 by not buying a full size spare?
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #18
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

So while we are on this topic, could you run a 255/75 spare when the other 4 are 285/70?

WANTED: Steel Armadillo Sliders/Rock rails.
twistedlizard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #19
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlizard72
So while we are on this topic, could you run a 255/75 spare when the other 4 are 285/70?
You can run whatever spare size you want; but when you need that spare your always gonna be best served w/ a FULL size spare - period.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
mattydipps
2006 WK 

FYI, an offload park will not let you in without a full size spare

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.