soon to be 08' wk ltd owner.. need a couple suggestions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > soon to be 08' wk ltd owner.. need a couple suggestions.

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
crod

soon to be 08' wk ltd owner.. need a couple suggestions.

hey guys, im getting an 08 ltd. im leasing one with everything but the dvd player and the hemi. (my main reason for getting a gc this time cause of improved mpg with "new" 4.7)

here is my question. it seems that its kind of "rare" for a limited to have the quadra drive 2 unless it has the hemi? or at least most of his dealer inventory searches turned up this result. basically is the qudra drive 2 that much better for everyday/winter driving? (im in mich. with frequent trips "up north")

thanks.

crod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
menoche

2007 WK 

aren't ALL limited equipped with quadradrive II?? all the ones I've seen in Quebec were all QD II...
menoche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
TRZ
2008 WK 

I've been VERY impressed with the stock tires on snow and ice (I live in Denver and there's been snow and ice on the streets for the last couple days). I really don't think the QDII has ever kicked in on my '08 Limited.

I really don't know if you'd miss QDII for just snow driving.

If you ever plan on trail use, note that the QDII package also includes skid plates, which would I would consider mandatory equipment.
TRZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2007, 03:06 AM   #4
Marcus86GLHS

QuadraTrac II, which is standard on the Limiteds, is fine for deep snow. i have had two previous Limiteds, neither one had locking differentials and they were unstoppable in deep heavy snow, never once had any problem driving up my 1000 foot long driveway in fresh unplowed snow. the tires on my 2008 Ltd are much more agressive than the ones that came on my 2004 Ltd so i am confident my new '08 QTII Ltd will also laugh at deep snow.

QuadraDrive II gets you the locking differentials and yes if you are a serious rock-climbing off-roader then it is worth the extra money for sure. but for oridinary on-road driving? not needed if your tires are adaquate. i also dont like those tow hooks sticking out the lower front of the Ltds that have QDII.

good luck w/ your new jeep.

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2007, 03:53 AM   #5
crod

i went to the jeep site and looked at 4x4 basics. its a "real time" animation of how the system works with quadra trac and quadra drive.

the trac is basically like every other system out there. it is in 2wheel rear drive until it detects slippage and sends power acccordingly.

the quadra drive to my understanding , is ALWAYS split into 4x4 with 48 perc. up front and 51 in back....
crod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
T-Rated

All the "Quadra" systems are full-time four wheel drive. The difference is how they handle slippage. WKJeeps has the breakdown:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_4x4.htm

My 06 QuadraDrive didn't come with skid plates or tow hooks; just the front plastic brush plate. Dunno if this has changed for the 08.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
TRZ
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rated
My 06 QuadraDrive didn't come with skid plates or tow hooks; just the front plastic brush plate. Dunno if this has changed for the 08.
Good point, for those that might be wanting to buy used.

In '08, the QDII is a package that includes skid plates and tow hooks.
TRZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.