Sold my WK (finally had it) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sold my WK (finally had it)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Sold my WK (finally had it)

So guys, I sold my WK. I've had 2 actuators put in and still no 4 low. After I put the bilstein 5100s and new tires and all the years I've owns this thing they do this recall and boom. I live in the mountains and use my 4low a lot. I bought this thing new and it has 80k miles on it. It's like brand new inside and out. I'm sad to see it go but I have had enough. I bought a 2014 JK 2Dr. Not as much room, but the power it has is amazing. It runs circles around my WK. Better fuel mileage and fun to drive with a real lever to put it in 4x4 low with. Lol. I'll miss it but if I wanted an awd I'd buy another Subaru.
Here are some pictures of it.

Brand new the day I bought it.

My new JK it's first day.

In the snow

Decided not to let my new Revo's get sold with it, so I put the wheels and tires on my JK for Summer tires and leaving the stockers for the winter.

2014 Wrangler 2 Dr Sport Auto

Unread 01-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Really showed Jeep didn't ya? They break your car and you give them more money?
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua
Really showed Jeep didn't ya? They break your car and you give them more money?
Never really was trying to show jeep anything. I like the brand. I enjoyed this jeep. Chrysler screwed up big time but I had several good years with this jeep trouble free. Maybe this 4 low problem was also another excuse for me to buy another JK that suits me better where I live. I can admit that. I just didn't want to mess with it anymore. I sold it for KBB price and will miss some things about it. There's one thing I will never call any of my Jeeps and it's not a "car". You must be a newbie. Jeep has their problems just like every other vehicle manufacturer but it's no reason for me not to purchase another. They always treated me well. They tried to fix the problem. They couldn't. I fixed it.
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

I agree with the OP. Considering how we Jeep FanBoys curse the quality but keep buying more, it won't be long before Chrysler cuts costs by no longer including a steering wheel and brakes.

Great looking rig, even though it's not a Grand Cherokee. Moderators: please move this guy to the JK forum where he belongs!
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
CactusPillow
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234
Great looking rig, even though it's not a Grand Cherokee. Moderators: please move this guy to the JK forum where he belongs!
lol. That's unfortunate about the WK but I hope the new Jeep treats you better. That's good that you were ably get KBB value for it even with 4lo not working.
05 WK 5.7L Hemi, QDII, 2" RC Spacer Lift, K & N CAI, Billet Catch Can, ARB on board air, Gibson 3" Catback, Superchips 3870 Tuner, Uniden CB w/ 4' Firestik, LED interiors, HIR Lows-Highs-Fogs, Spyder Tail Lights, Tail Light Guards, Debadged, Lowrance Elite-5m Baja Chartplotter
CactusPillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyone View Post
Never really was trying to show jeep anything. I like the brand. I enjoyed this jeep. Chrysler screwed up big time but I had several good years with this jeep trouble free. Maybe this 4 low problem was also another excuse for me to buy another JK that suits me better where I live. I can admit that. I just didn't want to mess with it anymore. I sold it for KBB price and will miss some things about it. There's one thing I will never call any of my Jeeps and it's not a "car". You must be a newbie. Jeep has their problems just like every other vehicle manufacturer but it's no reason for me not to purchase another. They always treated me well. They tried to fix the problem. They couldn't. I fixed it.
Was not supposed to come off the way it did. It was a joke. I like almost everyone else on here will own many more Jeeps. Sorry for insulting the Jeep name by calling it a car.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #7
sickchilly
2010 WK 

That's too bad. I traded my JK for the WK. Built the JK up too big and it became unbearable to live with every day. That and the 3.8 boat anchor of a mill couldn't tug a 3,500 lbs. trailer uphill at more than 40 mph while getting sub-10 mpg. If I were to get another JK, it'd be a 2-door Rubicon and I'd try my damnedest to keep it close to stock. They are more than capable right off the lot.

Regarding that "real lever" for 4-lo... Make sure you keep a few of these clips in the glove box. They love to break after you shift into 4-lo then you can't get back into a high range. Makes for a really long and slow drive home! Having these on hand saved me once and made me several life long friends on the trails. The clip at the transfer case is fairly easy to replace in the field. The one by the lever requires removal of the center console, so make sure you have torx bits with you.
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...8064273AB.html

Or for 2 bills, you can fix it once and for all:
http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...ifter-upgrade/

So have fun with a whole new set of problems, eh? Just kidding. (sort of)
Unread 01-27-2014, 11:42 PM   #8
modernblueWK

Did they ever do the proper n23 recall process from the instructions.
Blue WK club #4
2013 HEMI Durango Awd Crew. All stock
modernblueWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
paroxysym
2007 WK 

i must say the RME rims look great on the JK.

sorry to see ya go, but thanks for the deal on the wheel spacers. i havent gotten the n23 recall done and i honestly probably never will now with all the horror stories. plus im already at the point where i consider getting rid of my WK on a weekly basis-that would just put me over the edge having it in and out of a dealership.

best of luck!
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
DVB
2006 WK 

That sure was a good looking jeep (the WK). I always liked that color.
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #11
rsurran

2005 WK 

I think I will pass on the recall too. I've had my WK out in the snow finally and it is a confidence builder with QDII and the Hemi. 4 Lo would be a pretty extreme move where I live but I don't want to lose it.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #12
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK
Did they ever do the proper n23 recall process from the instructions.
Yep. They made sure of that before they changed the first actuator.

Unread 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly
That's too bad. I traded my JK for the WK. Built the JK up too big and it became unbearable to live with every day. That and the 3.8 boat anchor of a mill couldn't tug a 3,500 lbs. trailer uphill at more than 40 mph while getting sub-10 mpg. If I were to get another JK, it'd be a 2-door Rubicon and I'd try my damnedest to keep it close to stock. They are more than capable right off the lot. Regarding that "real lever" for 4-lo... Make sure you keep a few of these clips in the glove box. They love to break after you shift into 4-lo then you can't get back into a high range. Makes for a really long and slow drive home! Having these on hand saved me once and made me several life long friends on the trails. The clip at the transfer case is fairly easy to replace in the field. The one by the lever requires removal of the center console, so make sure you have torx bits with you. http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...8064273AB.html Or for 2 bills, you can fix it once and for all: http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...ifter-upgrade/ So have fun with a whole new set of problems, eh? Just kidding. (sort of)
I know what you mean about the old 3.8. I had an 07 JK brand new and hated that engine. I had 410 gears to boot. I liked it other than that. This new 3.6 is phenomenal. This little jeep will get with it. I will look into that cable, but for now I'll let the dealer fix it. Although I was at my wits end with the 4 low problem, this thread was not a bash on the WK. It's an awesome vehicle. At first I liked my WJ better but after owning it all these years my thoughts changed. Hopefully they fix the issue because these things will last a good long time. It was just time for me to move on to the wrangler again. 2014 Wrangler 2 Dr Sport Auto
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym
i must say the RME rims look great on the JK. sorry to see ya go, but thanks for the deal on the wheel spacers. i havent gotten the n23 recall done and i honestly probably never will now with all the horror stories. plus im already at the point where i consider getting rid of my WK on a weekly basis-that would just put me over the edge having it in and out of a dealership. best of luck!
Thanks man! Hope you like the spacers!

Unread 01-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #15
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Sorry to see you go. But congrats on the new jk. Hope you enjoy it and it treats you well!!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.