software update - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > software update

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
RFisher

software update

After dealer installed software update 9.561 I have been losing all audio, radio and nav menus lock up. After sitting a few minutes off, then turn on again it works. Anyone else experience this, and what did you do to resolove it?

08 Grand Cherokee Limited Mygig infomedia.

RFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
Sounds like the update didn’t hold I would try again if still fails replace the set.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 02-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
RFisher

Strange thing, I drove it on a 320 miles round trip and not one problem this time. Still wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem after software update.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
siuengr

I've had the same problem with mine in a '08 Laredo. No audio a couple of times, and once on satellite radio where is locked on the station and I couldn't change it. The menu would change and say that I was on a different station, but it really just stayed on the same channel.
siuengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

same here, my REN's hard drive locks up and will only reset and play mp3 audio after I turn it off and let it sit for a while.
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
RFisher

I asked dealer about this problem, and they claim mine is first one to ever get updated. They have not heard of this problem before.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.