Snorkel?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Snorkel??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 08-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
litalien26
2006 WK 

Snorkel??

Except the safari snorkel for the jeep grand cherokee 05-10 mine his with the hemi 5.7L. Does there exist other compagny that made one? And if possible, less costly then the safari?

Unread 08-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

not to my knowledge.
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well there is that awesome one that Gary made!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Well there is that awesome one that Gary made!

Hahaha
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #5
Valpacer

2007 WK 

As far as I know the Airflow is the only snorkel for the WK/WH Grand Cherokee. Safari has never released one to my knowledge, but i could be wrong.

http://www.airflowsnorkels.com/details.php?id=100
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Someone had to do it.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
litalien26
2006 WK 

Maybe a stupid question, but i just saw this one, and was thinking if it could work( the jeep liberty 02-07)

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/arb-saf...-ss1130hf.html
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
skrach77
2005 WK 

With all of the electronic control that the WK has- and after seeing someone's spontaneously burst into flames after deep fording- I wouldn't put a snorkel on my WK, nor get it very deep in water- EVER. Rocks, mud, sand dunes, trails- bring it on! Deep water crossing, and I turn around. I like my jeep too much to see it burst into flames.
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrach77
With all of the electronic control that the WK has- and after seeing someone's spontaneously burst into flames after deep fording- I wouldn't put a snorkel on my WK, nor get it very deep in water- EVER. Rocks, mud, sand dunes, trails- bring it on! Deep water crossing, and I turn around. I like my jeep too much to see it burst into flames.
Parts of your comment, I agree100%. I am thinking of a snorkel as it is for those just in case incidents. Like you are crossing a river you have crossed before, but for some reason it is a little more washed out and your truck takes an unexpected dip. As they say, plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Also, there are other advantages to a snorkel, it draws in cooler air into the engine, as it is higher off the road, and it also pulls in cleaner air, for the same reason.
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
jediknight
2008 WK 

For CRDs,
What i'd like is just a simple short snorkel that stays behind the grill but that is facing forward and not backward like it is right now and sucking hot air from the radiator ... That's just against any thermodynamic law!!!
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
skrach77
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101

Parts of your comment, I agree100%. I am thinking of a snorkel as it is for those just in case incidents. Like you are crossing a river you have crossed before, but for some reason it is a little more washed out and your truck takes an unexpected dip. As they say, plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Also, there are other advantages to a snorkel, it draws in cooler air into the engine, as it is higher off the road, and it also pulls in cleaner air, for the same reason.
Great points about the colder and cleaner air! I was just thinking water. Personally, I don't get to/ have to deal with water very often, and when I do it's never even as deep as the bottoms of the doors. Get point about planning for the worst- I have to agree with that 100%. U might have just convinced me to change my outlook on a snorkel...
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #12
scootr29
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrach77 View Post
I think the situation you are referring to is probably related to the driver not the vehicle....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

One of these days I plan on having a snorkel! Living in north mexico we don't get much rain or have the opportunity to do any awesome water crossings, but the one thing we have a lot of is dry dusty trails. I want one just to keep the intake cleaner and get cooler, fresher air. Unfortunately the only one we have right now I will never own. Not only is it ridiculously over priced, but it looks like crap!!! Sorry Dave, personal opinion If a different one doesn't come out soon I will be making my own out of fiberglass.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
polpilot
2005 WK 

I've see Wrangler guys move their intakes to pull from right under their windshields. if done right it could work, move the filter to where the factory cabin intake filter goes. I know mine didnt come with one so its empty. Im just still balling here tho! :haha:
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrach77 View Post
Oh Well. Ive broken your rules probably about 40 times in the last year alone, and still here Ive had water lapping at the lower edge of the windscreen, which is about the limit, cause yes it starts to float just after (and there is a pesky grommet that is up behind the AC which is a pain to replace and created a nice leak on the passenger floor....). No Flames yet. I actually crossed a flooded road early last year during the big floods here to push a floating toyota hilux up onto the road again, and with a pretty strong current she stayed very firmly footed and apart from leaving a dint in the tailgate of the Hilux performed admirably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
One of these days I plan on having a snorkel! Living in north mexico we don't get much rain or have the opportunity to do any awesome water crossings, but the one thing we have a lot of is dry dusty trails. I want one just to keep the intake cleaner and get cooler, fresher air. Unfortunately the only one we have right now I will never own. Not only is it ridiculously over priced, but it looks like crap!!! Sorry Dave, personal opinion If a different one doesn't come out soon I will be making my own out of fiberglass.
All Good Mate! It isnt the smallest designin the history of snorkels, but it does the job. Between dust, water and mud it keeps the air cleaner element sooo much cleaner, and in conjunction with the 3" exhaust and GDE tune power and mileage is awesome
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.