SmartBeam Survey - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > SmartBeam Survey

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #16
flyrx
2007 WK 

I find that Smartbeam works well most of the time, with the exception of windy roads as mentioned several times above.

flyrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #17
jprcrpr
2015 KL Cherokee 

It Works Great On My 06 Overland.
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #18
overlandguy
2011 WK 

It worked great for me until a week ago. Now the highbeams come on when a car is approaching and then they randomly go off as im driving down a dark and level road. could it be a software issue?
Unread 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #19
JWLJeep

Mine are completely random. And I went through the menu and tried both options for the headlamps and both cause the high beams to come on whenever they feel like it, when I have the headlights set to Auto. There doesn't seem to be a solution except to turn them off Auto. If I did that I would probably forget to turn them off since I've had auto lights for the last 5 years.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7L Hemi in Bright Silver

Bloomington-Normal, IL
JWLJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #20
daleklotz
2011 WK 

Works great- both in town and out in the country/mountains, including winding roads. It seems to have peripherial vision and the red tail light sensitivity is amazing.

This is on a 2007 Overland with a clean winshield.
daleklotz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #21
GCooperII
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleklotz
Works great- both in town and out in the country/mountains, including winding roads. It seems to have peripherial vision and the red tail light sensitivity is amazing.

This is on a 2007 Overland with a clean winshield.
I have a 2005 Limited. And agree completely with this statement. I was entirely impressed with the functionality of this feature. Works well for me in all environments, windy/curvy roads included. Tail light visibility at no less than 1/3 mile will always cause dimming. I suspect that those unhappy with the performance have some sort of other contributing factors in play. Maybe thier system is misadjusted (WK Jeeps has the procedure to align the system and it is complicated to say the least), Dirty windshield, or maybe just ultra picky.

Since I bought the WK in March I have yet to get brighted by an oncoming vehichle (or one that I have passed) and have used the system at all times.

Quote:
Copied From WK Jeeps site
NOTE: Broken, muddy, or obstructed headlights and taillights of vehicles in the field of view will cause headlights to remain on longer (closer to the vehicle). Also, dirt, film, and other obstructions on the windshield or camera lens will cause the system to function improperly.

Finally installed: 18" JK Gladiator Wheels/Tires, RR2.5" Lift
SOLD: 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited Kevin's 2" BB 265/70R16Geolandar AT+II

Last edited by GCooperII; 09-14-2007 at 03:53 PM..
GCooperII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.