post #16 of Old 09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
flyrx

2007 WK 

I find that Smartbeam works well most of the time, with the exception of windy roads as mentioned several times above.

post #17 of Old 09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
jprcrpr

2015 KL Cherokee 

It Works Great On My 06 Overland.

2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, Anvil color
post #18 of Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
overlandguy
2014 WK 

It worked great for me until a week ago. Now the highbeams come on when a car is approaching and then they randomly go off as im driving down a dark and level road. could it be a software issue?

2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
post #19 of Old 09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
JWLJeep

Mine are completely random. And I went through the menu and tried both options for the headlamps and both cause the high beams to come on whenever they feel like it, when I have the headlights set to Auto. There doesn't seem to be a solution except to turn them off Auto. If I did that I would probably forget to turn them off since I've had auto lights for the last 5 years.

John

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7L Hemi in Bright Silver

Bloomington-Normal, IL
post #20 of Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 PM
daleklotz
2011 WK 

Works great- both in town and out in the country/mountains, including winding roads. It seems to have peripherial vision and the red tail light sensitivity is amazing.

This is on a 2007 Overland with a clean winshield.
post #21 of Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
GCooperII
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleklotz
Works great- both in town and out in the country/mountains, including winding roads. It seems to have peripherial vision and the red tail light sensitivity is amazing.

This is on a 2007 Overland with a clean winshield.
I have a 2005 Limited. And agree completely with this statement. I was entirely impressed with the functionality of this feature. Works well for me in all environments, windy/curvy roads included. Tail light visibility at no less than 1/3 mile will always cause dimming. I suspect that those unhappy with the performance have some sort of other contributing factors in play. Maybe thier system is misadjusted (WK Jeeps has the procedure to align the system and it is complicated to say the least), Dirty windshield, or maybe just ultra picky.

Since I bought the WK in March I have yet to get brighted by an oncoming vehichle (or one that I have passed) and have used the system at all times.

Quote:
Copied From WK Jeeps site
NOTE: Broken, muddy, or obstructed headlights and taillights of vehicles in the field of view will cause headlights to remain on longer (closer to the vehicle). Also, dirt, film, and other obstructions on the windshield or camera lens will cause the system to function improperly.

2005 Grand Cherokee Limited
5.7-L V8 Hemi MDS 330 hp QuadraDrive II with ESLD
All the goods....Tow Pkg, SmartBeam, DVD, NAV, Rain Sense wipers

Finally installed: 18" JK Gladiator Wheels/Tires, RR2.5" Lift
SOLD: 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited Kevin's 2" BB 265/70R16Geolandar AT+II

Last edited by GCooperII; 09-14-2007 at 02:53 PM.