Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #106
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Nice, yea that's why I only got the 1"...now that I lifted it I was thinking 1.5" spacers
Go with the spidertraxx1.25" for a nice medium. That's what I run.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #107
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

I went to True Value today and took a pic of the "mending straps" that I used to make my catch can bracket. They didn't have the pieces that I used, so the part number doesn't match but maybe it would help you find the parts

Attachment 562928
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #108
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

forumrunner_20130211_234638.jpg
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #109
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

It might just be personal preferance, but I prefer to keep my tires as flush to the fenders as I can. I think a set of 1.25" or 1.5" look ok on a larger lift (4-6") but on a smaller (2-3") they make the Jeep look squatty. That does still depend on tire choice too. Heck I'm still running 1" spacers with my setup and the Mojave ran 3/4" spacers and looked great

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #110
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I'm gonna look into it this week. Did you have any trouble with the hose length there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
It might just be personal preferance, but I prefer to keep my tires as flush to the fenders as I can. I think a set of 1.25" or 1.5" look ok on a larger lift (4-6") but on a smaller (2-3") they make the Jeep look squatty. That does still depend on tire choice too. Heck I'm still running 1" spacers with my setup and the Mojave ran 3/4" spacers and looked great
I totally agree Nathan, I was using 1" eBay spacers but they failed and I didn't want to drive without my larger wheels for that long. Quadratec is 30 mins from me so I just drove over there and bought the spidertraxx 1.25" instead of waiting for the eBay spacers to be replaced. Running 255s doesn't make them stick out that bad.
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #111
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

The hoses were the perfect length for where I mounted it

Since I went from 265's to 255's I was thinking about going with a bigger spacer...just not sure if it's worth it since it would really just be for appearance at this point

Unread 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #112
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

One more question about your bora wheel spacers, did you need to trim any of the bolts on the hub or spacer for clearence?
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #113
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

No bc the stock wheels I had and the moab rims I have now have recesses in between the holes to accommodate the bolts

Unread 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #114
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Oh ok. Do you by chance know if all the factory WK rims have that feature. I have the Ronin II rims...
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #115
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

If you look back at my pics, when I first installed my spacers I still had the ronin II's as well so they will work

Unread 02-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #116
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick
Oh ok. Do you by chance know if all the factory WK rims have that feature. I have the Ronin II rims...
When I had 1" spacers and my moduflex chrome wheels didn't fit until I grinded down the recesses some.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.